SIX - HIS SIDE

★彡 SIX 彡★

★彡 SIX 彡★

FREDDIE KNEW HE WAS IN A DEEP MESS when he opened the door and there stood Brian, John, and Roger in their striking glory with similar disapproving expressions. Brian didn't even bother to let him open the door fully before entering the house and staring at him with an unimpressed look.

"Darlings! Why have you come to my humble abode?" He innocently stated as Roger glared at him and said, "Cut the bullshit, Fred. You disappear on us for days, suddenly you're all welcoming and where's your loyal pet anyway?"

"Shut it, Roger. Where's your manners?" John reprimanded him.

"Manners? In this generation? I don't need it!" Roger confidently said as John sighed in exasperation before turning his head to Freddie and sassing him, "Nice to see you too, Freddie! It's like you haven't suddenly up and vanished leaving us to worry if you've finally been kidnapped by someone,"

"Someone named Paul Prenter the Devil." Roger added, causing Brian to slap his hand on his forehead and looking at the ceiling as if asking the world why he was stuck with a bunch of adults acting like kids. Seriously, hanging out with children is way better than having to deal with Freddie and Roger starting a fight like toddlers.

"Oh do shut up, Rog. Paul's nice." Freddie defended.

That statement made Roger roll his eyes dramatically and mumbled under his breath, "Uh-huh, Paul's nice, maybe when pigs fly."

"Alright dear, if you guys just came here to insult Paul and scold me like I'm a child— which I'm not, I'm the oldest among you three even, the door's right there, you can leave." Freddie pointed towards the door, his good mood ruined by the three chastising him and glaring at him with disappointment.

"Well you are a child."

"No, Freddie. That's not what we were here for. We want to talk to you about why you're avoiding Elijah like he's the plague when you guys are so close." Brian told him the same time Roger mocked him.

At the mention of Elijah's name, Freddie froze and he felt immense guilt and regret rush through him at once.

He had been trying to avoid hearing that name for a while now, but it seems like he wasn't successful in doing so because his bandmates have seen through him like glass. They were all looking at him with skepticism and suspicion.

He admit, he did stay away Elijah and, he was still refraining from going near the man. But the worst thing is he doesn't even have any single acceptable explanation to why he suddenly did except for the fact that he couldn't take seeing the man and not falling in love with him even more.

They may have only been interacting with each other for almost four months now, but Freddie was fascinated the moment he heard Elijah singing and he knew it only took time before he start falling in love. Which he did.

Don't get him wrong, he wasn't fully in love with the man yet. However, all the times they've spent together, just talking and understanding each other that no one else ever could, not even Mary (and that was a massive shock to Freddie when he realized it himself because Mary had known him for years and he believed she's the only person who would be able to unravel all the masks he hid himself with, but that one thought was ruined because of Elijah) was getting to him.

And Paul? What a joke. Freddie snorted internally, he wasn't that stupid to know Paul was either doing something and he know and has seen the way Roger, Brian, and John reacted to the man whenever he was near. It took a lot of patience not to fire the man and be as far away from him as possible.

But Freddie had to act the part he is the Greatest Pretender after all.

Elijah, though. Elijah with his stupid smile and stupid laugh and how he can make Freddie feel better just by holding his hand or hugging him or simply just telling him that he fucking matters. How Elijah seemed to connect with his cats so easily without any problem and how he loved music as much as Freddie did. It was wonderful, and Freddie couldn't imagine his future without the man in his life.

But, he made a mistake, by avoiding and ignoring Elijah for weeks he doesn't know how he can make up to the man, hell, he doesn't even know if Elijah will talk to him ever again and now he's living to regret it.

Me and my fucked up personality has pushed people whom I love the most away, I've lost Mary and now I'm starting to think I'll lose Elijah too. But, please god no, I don't know if I can take it. Freddie thought.

"Fred? Freddie? Yoo-hoo, anybody there?" He blinked his eyes to see Brian waving his hand in front of his face, a troubled guise hanging over him.

"Are you okay, Freddie? Lost you for a few minutes there. We were concerned when you didn't react to anything we did." John asked.

"Yeah, looks like you got deep in thought. Thinking about someone special? Someone named Elijah perhaps— okay I'll shut up! Jesus, don't have to act all father-like right now." Roger said before raising his arms in defence when Brian glanced over his way with a very intense glower.

"Seriously though, are you okay, Freddie? You know we're here for you, right?" John added, seeing the unreadable look on his face.

His eyes glazed for a second before sighing deeply and rubbing his forehead, "Honestly, I don't know what to tell you darlings."

"Do you want to sit down?" Brian questioned him, gesturing over the couch where he followed the three and sat.

"If you have anything you want to say, we'll keep it a secret. You can trust us, we're your family after all. If you don't want to tell us, that's fine too. Just know that we'll always be here." John encouraged but didn't prodded more, there was a ghost of a smile on his face while Roger and Brian nodded in agreement.

"I may fight with you a lot but you do know that family is family and you're family and we'll keep it a secret anything you want to share with us, that is if you want to share anything." Roger spoke up.

The word family made Freddie's heart warm and he smiled, almost shyly.

The fact that they have each other's backs even in tough times is assuring, and he felt confidence rush through him and before he can even comprehend it, his mouth opened on its own and confessed,

"I'm in love with Elijah. And I'm losing my mind because I don't bloody know what the hell I should do about it."

author's note!

Before anything else, I just want to say Bohemian Rhapsody received 7 nominations from BAFTA! We HAVE TO STAN! I'm so proud of them.

Alrighttt, so you guys have finally seen Freddie's side! And he confessed to Brian, Roger and Deaky! Oof 👀 the next chapter will be quite.. fluffy, that's all I'm telling.

Thank you for 1k reads! I really didn't expect for so many people to appreciate this since it's quite different from other stories. I also want to tell everyone Freddie DOESN'T know about the stuff Paul did that made Elijah feel shitty, so there's definitely going to be ~drama~ arising when that gets revealed.

I love you all <333