Chapter 5 - Hidden feelings

"Hey Auruo! Heeeey!" exclaimed Gunther and clicked his fingers in front of Auruo's face. Auruo jolted a little and came back to reality.

"Yes?"

"You were staring at one dot for five minutes. Are you ok?"

"Oh yes! I'm fine."

Gunther raised his eyebrow, not believing his friend.

"Hm, yesterday you were pale at our meeting and Commander Erwin asked you the same thing."

"Really Gunther, I'm fine! I'm not si-"

"I know you're not sick." answered Gunther.

Auruo and him were alone in the stables. They were feeding horses, but Auruo, just like Gunther said, didn't make any movements for past five minutes. At Gunther's words, Auruo looked at him carefully.

"Than... why are you asking me?"

"Because... I think the cause of your weird behavior is intolerance towards someone." Gunther answered.

"What in the world are you talking about?"

"Well, today you flirted with Petra after we saw Captain holding her when she slipped. And yesterday you was lost in thoughts after you saw Section Commander Hange, Captain Levi and Petra, again in some weird moment. It's not just a coincidence if you ask me."

Auruo couldn't believe his ears. He never thought Gunther can be this observing.

"W-whaat?! Y-you think I'm jealous over Petra?"

"Well..."

"I'm not in love with her! We're friends for a long time and that's our usual way of joking." he lied.

"As Eld said yesterday, we know you long enought to tell when you're lying. But Petra as it seems doesn't see throught you that much to realize you like her. That's because she loves Captain Levi."

I already know that you dumbass! thought Auruo.

"She loves Captain? Beautiful! I'm really happy because of them." he faked a smile.

Gunther was looking at him with suspicion. Auruo was now angry.

"How can you say that nonsence to me? I'm saying you truth, damn it! I'm lost in thoughts because I can't figure out why Captain was so rude to me today and yesterday I was tired. All of you know very well that I went sleeping first!"

Gunther seemed puzzled at this statement. He really didn't expect that. He pointed his finger towards his friend.

"So... you are not j-"

"No I'm not." he cut him off. Gunther fell silent for a moment.

"What a misunderstanding..." said Gunther. "I'm really sorry Auruo, I thought-"

"Nah! It's alright. But please don't throw things like that in someone's face before you're fully sure."

"Don't worry, it won't repeat." said Gunther and turned around to groom his horse's mane.

"I hope Captain Levi and Petra will be happy together..." Auruo shot him a glare even if he couldn't see it.

"With the way he looks at her, he loves her really much and it's for so long. It'll be great for his damaged heart to finally have someone in his life."

Auruo clenched his fists a little.

"I just can't wait for us to become uncles." Gunther laughted a little.

Auruo's gritted his teeth. If they didn't cleared the thing a minute ago, Auruo would believe that Gunther is provoking him. He forced a smile when Gunther turned to get a bucked of wather.