Chapter 6 - A day off

How long will I hide and keep my feelings to myself? How many times I'll force a smile or laught? How much time I'll need to wait until I tell her?

Auruo walked throught one of many corridors of HQ, until he spotted Petra running from Captain's office with blush on her face and hand over her lips. Auruo's blood boiled and he runned after her.

"Petra wait!"

She stopped but didn't turn to face him.

"Petra are you ok?"

She turned to him slowly and he sweared he saw the sweel of tears in her eyes.

"Yes, yes. Everything's great." she said and put a fake smile on her face. Auruo's brows furrowed.

"I can tell you're lying Petra. What happened?" he didn't want to tell her he saw how she stomped from Captain's office.

Petra kept her composture. "It's nothing really. I just... fell odd these days." she thought it'll be a good excuse for now.

Auruo suddenly placed hands on her shoulders and he looked her right in the eyes.

"Petra... has Captain Levi done something to you?"

"W-what?"

"Did he hurt you?"

"No, it's nothing like that. Where did that come from Auruo?" asked Petra with one eyebrow raised.

Auruo sighed, not relieved at all.

"Know this, Petra. I'll always be there for you."

Petra actualy smiled at that, feeling a little better because of Auruo's caring for her.

"Thank you, big brother." she said.

"Brother?" I'm just a brother to her?

"Yes." answered Petra. "You're like a brother to me. Even if you can annoy me somethimes that I want to send you flying throught closed window."

"Well it's just because you're acting like my wife."

"Shut up!" shouted Petra and tried to punch him, but he dodged.

"As you can catch me, you brat!" Auruo teased.

Petra rolled her eyes. "Come on. Let's find Eld and Gunther."

They were walking away in silence. Petra was a little better, but couldn't stop thinking about her awkward moment with Captain Levi. She glanced at Auruo who was walking in front of her, just to make sure he can't see her. She placed her hand over her heart, feeling its normal beating now when it was over. Auruo was frowing and grateful that Petra can't see his face. He was a coward as he can admit, for not having a courage to tell her. He wanted her to acknowledge him. He wanted her to stop loving Captain Levi. Auruo knew he went throught too much things which every person prayed to not go throught, but he just couldn't let him take Petra. He just couldn't. It was true he respected that man for saving his life and caring for others even if he didn't show much emotions. But as it was said, he couldn't let him.

.

.

.

"A day off?" said Gunther, obviously surprised.

"Yes, Erwin wanted me to tell you. You're free for today. Go in a town and relax while you still can." said Levi and took a sip of his tea.

"Whohoo! Great! After almost a week we returned from holiday, a day off!" said Eld cheerful as always. "I just can't wait to see my family and my fiancé."