Chapter 11 - What now?

He was sleeping. Then opened his eyes, feeling warm rays over his face. He sat in their bed and yawned, taking a peak at the spot beside him, only to find it empty. Where was she? Must be busy, but it's better to chech it out.

When he changed, Auruo went through the door of their house that led to the garden. He swept hs gaze over their place. It was unusually peaceful. The well on the centre of the yard was silent, as well as everything around him. Weird.

But then...

Knowingly smiling, Auruo circled around the house from behind. When he faced the last side, he stopped. He wasn't a veteran soldier for nothing. Having the ability to be as quiet as possible as well as being fast to strike, he managed to slink behind a ginger-haired boy who was crouching behind the wall, listening, waiting the moment his father would come that way. That's when he's going to jump out of his ambuish and yell, scaring him. Then he's going to laugh his head off because he succeeded in scaring his dad!

Alas, if only his dad wasn't that cunning.

Auruo grabbed boy under his arms and threw him in the air, followed by the boy's screams. When he caught him, the boy turned and frowned, making his father laugh.

"Dad! It was not funny!"

"Neither would be for me if you scared me, right?" Auruo answered.

The boy rolled his eyes, the habit he inherited from his mother.

"Alright, alright. You won this time, but just you wait! I'll show you next time!" the boy said, lifting both fists in the air, trying to sound and look both serious and determined.

Auruo chuckled. "Good luck then, kid."

He put the boy down. "Where's your mom?"

"Here, here!" the boy said happily and tugget at his father's sleeve.

As they were approaching the fence, which was about thirty meters away, they saw two women talking. One whose back was turned to them had an unique haur colour. The other one however, was unusual one, but not because of her hair.

"Mom!" the boy exclaimed and runned towards two ladies.

Woman who was talking with boy's mother smiled as other one spun around and caught her son in her arms.

"Mommy!" the boy squealed and circled his arms around her neck.

Woman kissed the boy's cheek and carresed his hair.

"Did you do it?" she whispered.

Boy shook his head. "No. But next time, I certainly will!"

Woman laughed and lifted her gaze, smiling when she spotted her husband standing there, watching his family with pure love shining in his eyes.

Each day, she looks more beautifull. the man thought.

"I'm going then, spend your quality time!" other woman said and gave them thumbs up, grinning.

Ginger haired woman giggled and waved. "See you then, Hanji."

Hanji headed to the town with smile on her face. However, just as she moved a bit from the Bossard's house, she sighed and shook her head.

That could have been you, my friend. If only you listened to us, you wouldn't drown in your misery to this day. You never thought about yourself. Of course, I'm not saying selflessness is a bad thing, it's just... People like you never end well in life. It seems that it's not worth caring about everyone, just not about yourself. You thought you could take it. You said you can live without love. You thought her happiness will be enough for you, but Levi, that's not how it works...