Robin Hood

Hello, my name is Maria. This is my sister Sofia Mendez, and we live in a world gone mad. As a little girl, I was always wanted to make a difference in the world. Countless fables of Hercules, Beowulf, and John Henry Irons were all people that made achievements that are told even to this day. I always held to that arrogant thought that you could change the world. I never thought that the world would turn me in the most literal way possible. When Genesis came, I was asleep, but I quickly woke up to my sister screaming.

Sofia POV

I was always a different type of kid than most. Whenever I came across a problem, I didn't understand I would always try my absolute hardest to follow as fast as possible. I was the kid who everyone thought was "evil" for merely thinking a little bit farther than others dared. It wasn't my fault; the world has always been a tough place. I didn't know it would turn this cruel, though. It was almost midnight on new years when I watched Zenith on the TV in my room. For a nerd like me, it was about the coolest thing I could imagine. I mean, could you believe it? Infinite energy for the entire world: almost like something out of a silly fairy tale. I guess in a way; it was as about a minute after the grand machine functioned, a blinding golden wave hit my body.

Next time I regained consciousness, my entire body felt ... wobbly and strange. I merely wanted to go to the bathroom to regain my composure. I thought that some water on my face would help, but to my surprise, my hand erupts with blue electricity, and just like that, my entire bed turns to water!

Maria POV

I rushed over to Sofia's room to see if she was okay. Along the way, it felt like every cell in my body was about to spark off of me. When I reach her, I somehow found her bed to be gone and replaced with water and a soaked Sofia. Her curly brown hair, skin, and short stature made a face of confusion.

"Sofia! What did the heck happen? Where's your bed –"

I couldn't ask any more questions as my concern somehow turns into a spark of blue electricity that leaps off my body, and like an out of control taser knocks both myself and my hermana out. Next time I wake, my entire body feels hazy like static on a TV. I could barely lift my body I tried talking, but that ended up being a mix of garbled transmissions.

"Whup blup blup," I said.

Nuestro Padre comes in and looks over us as I realize that we had dragged into the living room. I summoned enough strength to lift myself, but I still had a blinding headache. Padre asks me a bunch of rapid-fire questions when my headache subsides I reassure him.

"I'm fine. I'm fine."

"Oh, gracias a Dios your alive! I couldn't call 911, but the operator is swamped with calls. I don't know what's happening, but it's like the world is gone crazy. I'm of glad you," he said about to go into a hugging motion.

"Don't touch me!" I said as I quickly backed away from him, " I might hurt you."

Before he could make another response, Sofia wakes up.

Sofia POV

I wake up with a start as a drilling headache hits me immediately.

When it subsides, I realized soon enough that I had been somehow dragged into a living room. The two blurbs soon came to focus. I saw Maria with her braided black hair and fiery almond eyes and dad's spiky black hair and a small scar as I saw both we quickly back away from them and try to keep myself under control.

"Don't come near me! I don't want to evaporate you," I said frantically, backing up to a shelf.

" You too, what in infireno are you girls problem?"