Chapter 4

Song — In The Dark — Anna Blue & Damien Dawn

Lance's POV
I fiddle with the elegantly written note in my hand as I sit on my hard bed staring at the wall across from me.

Once again I had gotten back from the mission late and spent a good hour being scolded and lectured by both Shiro and Allura.

I wanted so badly to tell them that I didn't mean to pass out but couldn't seem to find my voice in the moment; so instead I listened to every disappointed word without a protest.

I look down at the letter and trace my hand over the ink, feeling each stroke that was made. This had to be some kind of trick, some funny way for the Galra Prrince to mess with my mind; no way could he ever have an interest in me. No one can.

Standing up, I place the small note down on my bedside table and make my way to the bathroom. I turn the tap on in the sink and let the cold water run down the drain as I look at my scruffy reflection.

Cupping the water in my hands I splash it on my face and roughly scrub at my face, trying to get the dirt and grime off. Keeping my eyes closed I reach behind me and grab the hand towel and dry my face.

I look towards the shower on my right, thinking that it is a good idea to properly clean off, however I just don't have the energy for it.

So instead I walk back into the bedroom and over to my wardrobe. My slender hands open the doors and pull out a blue set of flannel pyjamas.

Once I have them on I notice that they are hanging off my shoulders and falling down on me. I guess that I have lost a bit of weight lately, kind of a good thing because I was fat after all.

I shuffle over to my bed and flop down feeling that all of my energy had disappeared. I role over and curl up into a ball, hugging my knees and tucking my head close.

The silence of my bedroom creates a perfect environment for my thoughts to thrive and further corrupt my unstable mind. It's dark but for some reason I find myself unable to sleep.

I lay there for what feels like an eternity before I get up and move to my bedside table. Taking the note that Prince Lotor wrote in my hand, I curl back into myself holding it close to my heart.

I let the dim hope that someone might actually want me around carry my weary mind off into the peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Everyone!!

I know that this was a very short chapter but I thought that, after many of you told me to, I should get a new chapter out for this story.

So yay! Here it is.

I would love it if you could vote for this story it would mean so much to me.

Have a great day or night 😊