Chapter 16

Lance's POV
The cell is cold, there is an icy draft coming from a vent at the top of the roof. The room was lit to a blinding degree at all times, even when I should be sleeping. Cameras from ever angle and not a single thing around me other than walls.

My eyes are wide open and bloodshot from not being able to sleep. I am only wearing a thin,  tearable fabric because the Paladins don't want me killing myself but they are contempt with letting me freeze on the metal floor.

My left arm is completely useless, I can't feel it, can't move it and the sight of it makes me want to vomit. The bone can be seen and flesh, muscle, along with skin can be clearly seen and scorched. It is turning a lifeless purple colour and I know that it will forever be ruined.

Laying on the floor my body shivers, I glare daggers at the door, frightened of when it would open next. Shiro and the other Paladins has been frequently coming into the cell and inquiring into all sorts of things and occasionally using the mind melding technology to get answers out of me. They always left me dazed and confused, I have no concept of time, no clue what day it is on Earth or how long I have been here.

It is difficult to keep all the thoughts in my head in order with all that has been happening. I just want to go home. I want my baby girl. I want my love.

The small door opens and I feel my heart hate immediately speed up. All of them file in, shuffling up I move to the corner of the cell leaning my numb arm against the wall.

"Lance is it going to be the same process at usual?" Shiro questions as he crouched down in front of me. I lower my head to the side keeping my mouth shut. I won't cave.

With a disappointed sigh he stands back up and see from the corner of my that Pidge passes something to him. The mind melding helmet.

I know with all of them in the room there is no chance of me retaliating, they will just pin me down again. But that doesn't stop me from retreating further into myself. The blinding lights of the room shine through my squinted eyes, there will never be the peace of darkness again.

The feeling of the helmet being placed on my head and being turned on causes my eyes to sting with tears.

'I want Lotor. Lotor please save me....'

Third POV

— Galra Mothership —
The Generals sat anxiously around the bed of the Prince, Lily snuggled into the side of her Father. It had been months since they had begun the extraction of the quintessence. Today was suppose to be the day that Lotor was cured, well cured enough to function respectably.

It had also been months since Lance was taken from them by Voltron. They originally thought of searching for him first, then curing Lotor; however they knew that it would mean so much more if it was Lotor who save him from the clutches of the Paladins and brought him home.

Lily opened her eyes and looked in the direction of Zethrid, her hair fell over her face and tickled the tip of her nose, resulting in her sneezing.

Zethrid smiled softly at her in a subtle way of providing comfort. The little girl sat up and turned to face her father, his face appeared full and rested, he looked better. She place her small hand to the side of his cheek and felt the warmth of his purple skin radiating to her skin.

In a sudden moment the Prince's eyes opened and very nearly gave everyone a heart attack as Ezor fell out of her chair onto the ground.

Poor Lily screamed and curled into a ball, hugging the teddy bear with all her life. The Prince raised his body up and felt the weakened state he was in, his muscles clearly not being used in quite a while.

It took him a moment for his eyes to adjust to the lighting in the room but once they did, they scanned the surroundings and each person.

When his focused landed on the small huddled up figure beside him he placed a light hand into the body. With a small finch he removed his touch from her. Lily raised her head and her eyes met those of the her father, her real father, not the crazy man he had once become.

"Where is my Kitten?" That name had become so foreign to all of them, not hearing it such a long time. It really was their Lotor.

Upon not getting a response from the Generals Lotor removed the covers of the bed and staggered to his feet. Attempting to walk didn't work, his legs instantly gave out and he fell to the ground. It would have been amusing, however considering the circumstances it wasn't.

He felt so weak and the love of his life was not here.

Acxa moved from her seat and grabbed ahold of Lotor's arm, promptly pulling him off the floor. "He is with Voltron..." she was hesitant in answering but knew the half-Galra needed response.

"What?"

The tone in his voice was clearly unimpressed and confused. Acxa sat him on the edge of the bed and Lily can up to him reaching her arms up. He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck, loving the feeling of her fathers hugs again.

"Not by his own choice. They took him by force."

Without saying a word Lotor got of the bed again and with all the strength he could muster, he walk out the door and to one of the smaller ships. He did not need to say anything for the Generals to know what he was going to do.

— Time Skip —

Lotor's POV
I storm through the Castle of Lions, me head downcast and fists clenched tight. The blinding white light could make anyone loose there mind having to look at it day in and day out. My only focus is my Kitten, I made sure that my baby girl stayed on the small ship and I promised her that Papa would come home with us.

I have walked all though the Castle and come across no one, the only place I haven't gone is the cell block, so I start heading that direction.

It's funny, I use to believe that the Galra ship was cold by compared to this place it is like a living room with a wood fire. With each step I take my legs shake slightly, the ladies warned me about moving around to soon but I didn't listen because I have to get my Kitten back safe.

Arriving at the cell block I see an open door and know that that is where they all are. I stand at the door and look in. No....

In the corner of the room is Lance. He is huddled into the wall, head bobbing down from exhaustion and his eyes dazed and black. The lights are even brighter in this room and it freezing, even from the doorway. There is a melding helmet on his head and he is practically wearing nothing.

I slam my foot on the ground causing each of them to turn in my direction. I harden my gaze and pay no attention to those monsters as I walk forward and kneel down to the frail boy.

The feeling of the Paladins moving closer to me doesn't concern me, I just emit a low growl that clearly is meant to threaten. Pulling the helmet off of his head Lance sluggishly lifts his head to look at me. His eyes aren't focused and his body is barely staying up.

He falls to the side landing on my chest and it is at that point I notice his left arm. It is completely crucified and there is bone showing, the remaining skin is purple and discoloured. Around the horrific wound there are small welts and puss; it is infected.

With one swift movement I lift him off the ground, little to no effort because he is way too light. I turn and growl again at the Paladin monsters before walking out and towards the small ship and towards home.

I feel him rest his head on my chest and his breathing calm. I smile at my Kitten knowing he is safe. There was a small whisper before he fell asleep

"I love the smell of coconut~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all for reading my story, it means the world to me. Thank you all for your patience with me.

I would love it if you haven't already, to check out my other stories

Have a great day or night 😊