Chapter 12

Third POV
Lance's eyes fluttered open and his tired body began to stir. He rolled onto his side and hugged the pillow to his chest, not wanting to wake up.

Sitting up with the pillow still on his chest, Lance pulled the sheets off of him. The little note that he held with him that night fell onto the ground. He reached down to pick it up and from the corner of his eyes he notice that something was different about the bedside table; something was missing.

Something was missing....what is it. His eyes spring open as he realised that the picture of his little family was gone. Gone. It was Gone.

Lance then turned to look at the cot expecting to see his little baby girl sound asleep with the fluffy teddy. However, that is not what he saw. He saw nothing. Jumping up, Lance dashes to the side of the cot and look in. Gone. She was gone.

The Cuban frantically runs to the door and flickes the light switch on. As the room brightens Lance's heart darkens, the room is empty, the only thing that is there is him. H e goes to the bathroom hoping to see her standing on her tippy toes trying to reach the tap. But yet again he sees nothing.

'Maybe she went to Lotor.' He thinks with uncertainty

So he walks out of the room and down to the control room where the half Galra spends all of his time. As he approaches the door Zethrid and Ezor walk out with saddened looks.

"Oh hello Lance..." Ezor says as she makes eye contact with the human.

Zethrid folds her arms and stands strong infront of the door that is slightly open. Lance peeps in and sees the Prince pacing back and forth clutching his hair, mumbling curses under his breath.

"You really don't want to go in there." Her look was solemn, clearly trying to protect Lance in some way. "We found him passed out and the moment he woke up, he started talking about quintessence; again."

There was a long pause of silence between the trio, they were all thinking about the mess that Prince Lotor has become. Lance slumped and held his arms to his chest for security.

"....You haven't seen Lily have you."

The two women lift their heads to look Lance in the eyes, a little fear could be seen in their eyes. They can see the panic that makes it's way onto the Cuban face. He is clearly distressed.

Instead of speaking they walk in the direction of the bedroom. Non of the them had ever heard of Lily going missing, let alone being with someone other than her Papa. As the three of them were walking, Lance had to speed up his pace just to keep up. Him being significantly smaller made it harder.

They arrived to the room and bagan searching, maybe Lance had missed something.

— Time Skip —

Although they searched thoroughly they couldn't find the little horned girl, not even the teddy.

"This can't be happening!" Lance cried out on the verge of tears.

Ezor moved to his side and pulled him into a warm hug, the boy didn't protest, he hugged her back with full force. Zethrid sat down on the other side of him also joining in on he embrace.

Lance let himself cry. He let himself cry so hard that his head started to pound and his throat closed up. Struggling to breath from all the tears, Lance wheezed and shook.

Emotional pain came crashing down on him, everything was too much. First his fiancee hit him and is never around, and now his baby girl is gone. The only thing that was still keeping him together at this point, was gone. Missing. Probably frightened and hurt.

Lance didn't know what to do, it all hurt so much. His brain couldn't keep up with the stress and loneliness, the fear and pain.

— Castle of Lions —

Keith stepped forward and knelt down to the little girl, helping her stand back up. Thank god that the fluffy bear was there to break her fall, otherwise that would have hurt a lot.

Once she was up, Keith moved back but she grabbed a hold of his suit. Her nose twitched as she started to smell him, a small smile sped across her face. Her arms reached up wanting the Red Paladin to pick her up. So he did.

He sat her on his hip and the other Paladins looked at him with bewilderment. "What? I loved in an orphanage, there were a lot of younger children." Lily broke the awkwardness with a little giggle.

"Galra!!" She shouted with glee. (On a side note, the Paladins don't know that Keith is half Galra.)

They all looked confused and slightly frightened at how happily she said that, considering that she was in an escape pod. She wiggled the teddy around in excitement.

"You smell like Father....but no flowers." Keith's mouth hung open, unsure of what to think.

The little horned girl suddenly stopped moving and now has a downcast expression. She pulled the bear to her chest and rested her head on the Red Paladins side.

"Help...Father...." Was all she said before the exhaustion of sleep crept up on her.

Help her father? What were the Paladins going to do. They now had this small child that clearly needed their help. Who was her Father and what was wrong with him.....