Chapter 10

Thank you to those who sent in ideas. They really helped to spark my imagination again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

— Time Skip —

Lance's POV
Life has been great, Lotor is kind, caring, Supportive and generous, everything I could've wished for.

The thought of Voltron has almost left my mind. I have made so many improvements and I think Lotor and I are really making strides in our relationship. We even went so far as to adopt a child.

Her name is Lily. She is the cutest little thing ever! We rescued her from a planet that Zarkon has was going to destroy. Her little horns shine and her eyes glow gently when she smiles.

However, recently I have become very concerned about Lotor. He is different...he's aggressive, distant and he won't stop talking about quintessence. It's like the powerful substance is becoming more important then the people in his life.

To be honest I'm a little frightened of him now. I mean, I love him with all my heart but something has changed...

"Papa...where's Father?" Lily says with the fluffy teddy bear in her chubby arms.

I get up off the bed and walk over to the door where she stands. She placed one of her hands on it and looks up, then sits down defeated. Sitting down beside her I also place my hand on the door to show that I am here for her.

"I'm not sure where he is but he will come back." She hugs the bear tightly and turns to look at me, her little horns dull as the shadows cast over them.

The room is dark because we are technically supposed to be asleep at the moment but neither of us can. So we decided to stay up and wait for Lotor.....but I don't know when he's coming back.

Or how he will act when he gets back...

Lily yawns and I pull her into my arms. Getting off the ground I move back to the bed and place here in the cot beside.

I walk to the bathroom and grab my toothbrush, spreading the paste on the top and then placing it under the cold stream of water from the tap. I start to brush my teeth and hear Lily sneeze from the other room. A smile spreads across my face but then I realise that Lotor is missing all of this. He would rather search for some intangible power, then spend time with the little family we have created.

————

The sound of the bedroom door slamming makes me jump and I quickly rinse my brush off before hastily walking into the main room. I see Lotor standing over the desk, his uniform looks messy and worn. Trekking over to him I stop in my place when he bangs his hand on the desk.

He turns to me and all I can see is an exhausted and stressed expression painted on his face. I move over to him and gently place my hand on his cheek. This seems to make him relax and I am pleased that I can still provide comfort to him.

"Lo~ you should go to bed, get some rest."

I say with a soft and comforting tone, grabbing his hand I try to pull him over to the bed but he rips his arm away and pushes me aggressively to the ground.

"I don't need rest!! I need to find quintessence!!!" He yells with a strained and threatening voice.

Now anger is staring to fill me, I get up off the ground and stand in front of him. I narrow my eyes and throw my hands in the air.

"No you don't!! You don't need that stuff!! You need US!!...we need you..." I lower my head, quickly realising that I am yelling...yelling fixes nothing.

"Shut up!!" I flinch at his voice. I feel a sharp sting on my cheek and realised what he just did. "You don't understand anything!!!"

All I could hear was the footsteps of his boots leaving the bedroom. As he was leaving I slowly look up.

"No...I don't understand, this isn't you. What changed..."

I didn't get a response, only the harsh slamming of the door. The room starts to feel cold, I sink to the ground and lean against the bed frame. Curling into myself I feel tears drip down my face and the darkness of the room seems to reflect the darkness that I now feel in my heart.

What happened to him. What happened to the man that I would stay up talking to every night. What happened to the love he showed. The smile he would give me every morning.

What happened....

————

Third POV
Little did Lance know but a little girl had seen the whole thing from her cot....