Chapter 8

A picture of Lance's mother
@sketch_it_art

Third POV
Lotor blushed as Zethrid told a story of the first time her and the Prince met. She made every effort to tell Lance how much of a clumsy fool he was. The story made the ex Paladin burst into a fit of laughter.

Once they had finished the meal that was served for them the group moved to a smaller room with a fire, couch and piano.

Upon seeing the majestic instrument Lance dash forward, opened the lid and softly traced his hands over the ivory keys. He smiled at the thought of each note being played in unison to form a sweet song full of emotion.

He turned to see Lotor beside him. "Where did you get this?"

The Prince put his hand on the strong frame of the piano. "I found it in a scrap pile on a planet and didn't want something so beautiful to go to waste."

Lance sat down on the chair and hovered his fingers over the keys, thinking hard on what he would play. Then it hit him, the perfect song.

The whole room fell silent as the sound drifted through the place. All conversation that once was, fell dead.

The generals made their way over to the piano to see the Cubans hands gliding gracefully across the keys, playing each note with every emotion in his body.

The sound was soft and gentle that it could lull each of them to sleep. They couldn't take their eyes off of him. His eyes were closed and his whole body move in rhythm with the song.

They saw a tears started to fall down his tan cheek as the song came to an end. Once it had ended Lance sat there unmoving, hands still on the piano and eyes still closed.

The only sound left in the room was the quiet whimpers that escape his trembling mouth.

Lotor silently sat down beside his love and pulled him into his arms. Resting his head on Lotor's shoulder Lance let the warmth and comfort on the Prince sooth his grief.

He cried remembering what the song meant to him and how he hadn't heard it in so long.

— Time Skip —

After the tears had stopped falling, Lotor gently lifted the smaller boys head and looked him in the eyes.

"Why were you crying?..."

Lance leaned in further to Lotor's chest and wrapped his arms around himself. "..."

The Prince didn't dare push an answer out of the boy, knowing that with time all will be revealed. So he he hugged Lance and waited.

The generals all sat on the ground beside them, the too were willing to wait.

"....my mama..." the words were muffled and quiet but each of them heard it and their expressions softened. Lance sat up and looked at them.

"S-She....she would play it to me...whenever I w-was sad." He said as tears began to well in his eyes again. It clearly pained him to talk about it.

"....when s-she was in h-hospital....I practiced every day s-so that w-when she came home...she could hear it...." he was trembling and tears tracked down his face.
.
.
.

"....but s-she never came home..."