Chapter 5

Prince Lotor the gorgeous man.
I would love it if you could follow me on Instagram
@sketch_it_art

Lance's POV
The next day Allura had given us a chance to relax and do what ever we wanted. I was going to go sit in my room and contemplate all the things I did wrong and all the ways that I could end my life; however Shiro approached me saying that I needed to go train.

So here I find myself once again getting beaten by the training robots on a level that a child could beat. Currently on level 10, the 15 robots left charge at me and I don't have the strength to fight them off but Shiro said I have to be better; so I will.

Lifting my gun up and aiming it at the bots I pull the trigger and watch as it hits one but misses the rest of them. 'God I'm such a terrible fighter'.

I go to run at the rest of them but before I can make a move one of the bots comes from behind and strikes me in the back. I collapse forward on my hands and knees.

"End train sequence!!"

Once they disappear I slowly pick myself up off the floor and notice little drops of blood coming from my back. Great. That's going to be difficult to stitch up.

I make my way to my room but bump into Coran on the way, he looks at me and sees the red substance starting to pour down onto the ground. He grabs a hold of my hand and without a word he takes me to the medical bay.

— Time Skip —

The door to my room closes and I lay down on my bed, stomach first. My body aches all over and my back feels as though it is on fire; despite the pain medication that Coran gave me the wound still burns.

I bury my face in the pillow and think of how disappointed the team will be with me, knowing that I couldn't even get past level 10. I know for a fact that they are all above me. Well not Hunk, but he has other things he can contribute to the team.

I lift my head and my eyes immediately drift to the communication device that Prince Lotor gave me and I could help but feel compelled to use it.

So I sit up and grab the small device, unsure of how to use the alien technology I just press the bottom in the middle. A light starts flashing purple and I wait for something to happen. There was a small beep and a screen popped up with the Prince's face looking at me.

I heart jumped when I saw his face, a feeling of happiness washed over me and I could help but blush. He had his hair in a messy bun and he was wearing nothing but a purple and gold robe.

His eyes looked sleepy and I realise that I probably woke him up. "Kitten~" he tiredly sings out to me, I feel guilty for disturbing him.

"Sorry for waking you......I I'll...call b-back another time." I say nervously with sadness seeping through my voice. He seems to notice this and before I can turn off the communication he speaks.

"No no no! What seems to be upsetting you?" The sincerity in his words makes my heart warm. He is asking me how I am feeling. No one has done that since I left home at the age of 14.

I gulp, not sure what exactly to say. Lotor's is eying me with concerns and doesn't push me to say anything but instead waits until I am ready. I let out a breath and open my mouth.

"Just lonely I guess. Wanted to see if this thing actually worked." I added the last part on expecting his to pay attention to it rather than the fact that I'm lonely but he didn't.

"Why are you lonely?" His voice was soft as he spoke.

I didn't want to make it so gloomy so instead I laughed it off, rubbing my hand on the back of my neck. "Haha...I guess no one on the team wants to talk to me." The joke only made his expression sadden.

We didn't speak for a long while but it was ok because we were both happy just to be in each other's company. My eyes started to droop and I felt the peace of sleep close in on me, I let it take me and I listened as Lotor wished me good night.

— Time Skip —

It's been months since Lotor and I started talking over the communication device and I have become absolutely smitten with him.

Whenever I see his face or hear his voice my heart melts and I feel a sense of absolutely love like nothing I have ever experienced. He makes me so happy I can't even describe it.

He makes me laugh and smile, he actually listens to the words coming out of my mouth when I speak. He understands me like no one in Voltron does and I want to be with him as much as I can.

That is why I am now packing all my things from my room and heading towards the escape pods. Lotor offered me a place with him on his ship and with how horribly things have been going with Voltron, I couldn't refuse.

With all my things in the pod I start it up and punch in the coordinates that the Prince has sent me. I take one last look back into the ship before blasting off into the abyss of space and to what I hope will be a better life.