Chapter 11

Lotor's POV
'Quintessence. I have to find it. I need it. Lance is trying to get in my way. He doesn't understand.'

I pace back and forth my eyes never leaving the encrypted map. I left the bedroom with saying a word to him, I left the bedroom because I have to obtain quintessence. It is more important than anything.

"What am I saying?!" I clutch my head and pull at my hair. The pacing stops and I try to clear my thoughts. Rubbing my temples, I take long and slow breaths.

My mind is clouded, the only thing that I can seem to focus on is the consuming need for quintessence. The thought grows and it is starting to make my head ache. Black dots began to pepper my vision and bang my on the map trying to shut everything out.

It does nothing and my body wobbles from side to side. My legs give out and I pull strongly at my tattered dirty hair. Before everything fades away I can only think one thing.

'What is happing to me...'

————

Lily's POV
Papa is crying again. Papa always cries now. He tries to say everything is ok, he tries to say that Father will be back. But it's not true.

I'm in my cot right now. I'm supposed to be sleeping and Papa thinks I am but I'm not. I can't sleep. The room is cold and lonely. I want a hug, I want a papa to sing and Father to tell stories. But that's not going to happen.

On the big bed Papa is holding a little note. I don't know what it is but Papa moves a hand across it. It must be special.
The room is going quiet and I know that Papa is sleepy. He is always sleepy.

I stand up and reach my little hands to the railing pull myself up. Wiggling my legs I get up on top of the cot and plonk to the ground.

I walk over to Papa and see him sleeping. Seeing beside the bed there is a picture. A picture of me, Papa and Father. They are smiling. We are all smiling. We are happy.

I want to be happy again.

I reach up on my tippy toes and grab the picture. I look a Papa again and then walk to the door. I'm not big enough to reach the handle but they made a smaller one for me.

Opening the door, I waddle down the empty hall. My feet are cold and I can't feel them much.

Ooh! Ooo! Did I forget to say. I have my teddy bear with me. I never let him go. Father gave me the teddy and hug him all the time. Swinging my teddy, I look up and see a little ship sign. Papa told me that it means escape pod.

It means Voltron. Papa said that big flying rainbow cats save the day and take the pods. If I get into the pod, then Voltron will come and Papa and Father will be better. They will love again. They will smile.

Third POV
So with her tiny cold feet tapping on the metal floor and a fluffy teddy bear in one hand, a photo in the next hand, Lily walked with determination towards the escape pods.

Once in the pod, she used the voice activation and said 'Voltron'. The small ship sped off.

— Castle of Lions —

The Paladins were in the training room partaking in a bonding exercise, when the loud sound of the broke the peace.

Allura jumped up and went over to the control panel in the corner. Coran was already there and had pulled up a small holographic project on a Galran escape pod.

"Coran. Open the docking bay and bring the pod in." The Altean man immediately began typing away and Allura turned back to the group.

They are each sitting up and sucking away on little water pouches. Shiro cross leggged like a six year old.

"Everyone, get in your armour and head to the docking bay. They all get off the ground and place the pouches into the Altean version of a recycling bin and then head off with haste.

Once they had arrived, Coran and Allura had the pod sitting in the main room. The team went over and Pidge traces her hands across the metal structure, feeling how it was made.

The whooshing sound of the pod opening caused the Paladins to draw their weapons and take aim. Each of them ready for anything that may be a threat to them.

However when they caught sight of a small child wobbling out of the pod, they lowered their weapons. Even letting out a small laugh as the child tripped on the edge and fell onto the fluffy teddy bear.

The little girl looks up at them and tilts her head in slight confusion. Her horns shine as the light of the Castle hits them.

.
.
.
"....Voltron?"