Chapter 1 | "Are you afraid of me?"

Note: this fanfiction is based on the Season 3 cliffhanger of the TV show Lucifer and continues on with what my crazy imagination comes up with. I did not create the characters, since they are from an actual show, but I did create the storyline.

I've also made each chapter title a quote from the story, just like the show's episodes do :P

It does include a bit of violence,(a bit) so if you don't like that, you can read another story :)  Also just a reminder, if any of these chapters disappear while you're reading it, it's cause I wanted to make a few changes. So don't freak out lol. Also it doesn't really have 1 specific plot, it kinda just goes with the flow 😂. Anyways, enjoy the story :D

Setting: streets of Los Angeles; heading to a crime scene

Lucifer scanned the street, hoping to find Chloe somewhere.

"Oh! Detective!" The Devil chirped, quickly walking towards Chloe. 

Chloe ignored him and continued to walk on, her back turned.

Lucifer didn't understand this strange behavior. "Detective?" He asked worriedly. "Are you alright?" 

Chloe continued to ignore him and stopped in front of a dead body. 

Lucifer sighed, "Detective... this isn't about me being The Devil. Is it?"

Chloe finally turned around to face him, her blue eyes met Lucifer's nearly black ones. "No—it's...it's not I just.." 

"Are you afraid of me?" Lucifer asked in worry.

"No—I'm not afraid of you Lucifer it's just—it's—a lot to take in." Chloe turned her back again.

"Hey guys, anything yet?" Ella arrived to the scene with a delightful grin on her face, with Dan walking beside her.

"Not much. You can take a look if you want." Chloe said, hardly any expression in her voice.

Ella's smile faded, as she seemed to notice this. "Hey, are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." The Detective's voice was firm, but showed slight fear.

Dan didn't seem to worry much, as he started examining the body. "Looks like our victim was shot." He stood up, then appeared to notice Chloe's behavior, but said nothing to her. He continued to help Ella investigate.

Lucifer stood a few feet behind Chloe, glancing at her every few seconds. He was afraid he of scared her away. 

Ella walked toward Lucifer. "Chloe has been acting weird lately, you have any idea why?"

Lucifer looked at her, trying not to make complete eye contact. "No—no clue." He said, attemping not to act suspicious.

"Oh okay. I was just wondering." She walked back to the scene.

Setting: Doctor Linda's office

Lucifer opened Linda's office door and stepped in.

"Oh! Lucifer!" Linda shrieked from her desk. "I forgot we had a session."

"You forgot?" The Devil asked in disbelief, as he sat on the couch. 

"Sorry. Ahem..." Linda sat in her chair. "So?"

"I think I've scared away the detective." Lucifer told her. 

"She saw your face?" 

Lucifer nodded. "She will hardly speak to me, its like she... doesn't care about me anymore." He looked at the floor in sadness.