Chapter 12 | "The world's first murderer VS a detective"

Setting: Lucifer's Penthouse(no longer Lucifer's pov)

Chloe pointed her gun at Cain. "You—you TRAITOR!"

"Thank you, I appreciate that." Cain smirked.

"Lucifer is gone because of you."

"Detective Decker!" The elevator opened and a group of police officers walked in "Put down the gun!"

Chloe glared at Cain, then turned around and set down her gun. "He killed Lucifer. I watched it happen."

"I wouldn't do anything of the sort." Cain turned to the officers with a serious face.

"He's lying, I witnessed it all!"

"Don't accuse the Lieutenant of acts he didn't commit, detective." The police captain snapped.

"What—he's still the Lieutenant?"

"Enough."

Chloe stayed silent.

"Lucifer Morningstar killed himself." Cain lied, yet his voice sounded so honest, it was almost impossible not to believe.

Everyone nodded.

"You all believe him? He should be arrested for murder!" Chloe cried out in frustration.

"What evidence do you have, Decker?" The captain snarled at her disbelievingly.

"This knife." She picked up the knife laying on the floor. "It possibly has his fingerprints on it."

"Right. We will be the judges of that." The captain grabbed the knife from her and called another detective over to put it in a bag. "Everyone let's go." They walked into the elevator.

Cain's grin turned into a worried frown. "I should of wore gloves when I killed him." He mumbled.

Chloe raised an eyebrow.

 "Well done, Decker. You'll have me arrested soon." Cain grinned slightly. "But don't worry, I'll find an excuse to get out of it."

Meanwhile

Setting: Hell

Lucifer walked across the hard floor of Hell, stepping in piles of ash and dust. Suddenly he heard a flapping sound. Confused, he turned around to see an angel with light gray wings, He couldn't tell who, since Hell was so dark.

"You need to come back to earth, Luci."

He then realized it was Amenadiel. "You know—brother, I would. But I feel like it's about time for me to come back home."

The angel walked closer to him, folding his wings into his back. "You can't just leave earth forever. There are humans living there, that care about you. Think about Chloe, Lucifer."

Lucifer thought for a moment, then nodded. "Tell her I'm not coming back."

"What? Lucifer you can't just die and leave everyone like this!"

"I told you brother, I'm—i'm staying here." Lucifer's voice went soft all of a sudden.

"Wait a minute. You're not resisting to come back because you want to stay, it's because you can't. There must be a reason why."

Lucifer's eyes rolled back.

"Don't be coy, Lucifer."

The Devil sighed. "Fine. I don't have wings anymore, so I can't fly out of here. I'm stuck in Hell. Happy?"

Amenadiel facepalmed. "Ugh...Luci... why do you keep doing this?!"

"Because I'm not meant to be an angel!