Chapter 5 | "And dear old dad strikes again"

Setting: Lucifer's Penthouse

Lucifer walked out into the balcony and stared up at the sky. "Is this all part of your plan? To break us apart? Really? You give me wings for no specific reason other than to scare her even more? REALLY DAD? THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR SON! I'M THE DEVIL! AND YOUR GIVING ME PUNISHMENT?" He laughed at God in disapproval. "You put Chloe in my path, then you take her away from me!?"

"Luci?"

The Devil turned around to see Amenadiel standing in his angelic, heroic, proud kind of stance. "Oh you. I see you found your dress." He rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

"It's a robe, and I want to talk to you."

"I'll pass." Lucifer snarled, walking over to the table.

"Cain is back on earth."

Lucifer jumped slightly and turned to face Amenadiel. "He escaped Hell?"

"Heaven."

The Devil shook his head and laughed. "You can't tell me Cain went to Heaven when I killed him."

"Yes, I can. I just did." Amenadiel snarled.

"How is that even possible? The first murderer since the beginning of time went to Heaven?" He laughed again. "Tell me your joking."

"I'm not joking, Luci." 

"That can't be possible brother!" Lucifer slammed his fist on the table. "What's worse is he's back! Is dad behind all of this?"

Amenadiel folded his arms. "I'm sure he is."

"Okay." Lucifer walked over to his brother. "You're telling me that jerk went to Heaven? And now he's BACK TO IRRITATE ME ONCE AGAIN?" The fallen angel sighed. "If things couldn't get any worse!" 

"Look I don't know how any of this happened or how it's possible." The angel walked into the balcony.

"Neither do I, brother!" Lucifer exclaimed. "Nobody knows! Dad has his ways with everything! And he's too SELFISH TO BLOODY TELL US WHY!" 

"Our father has a reason for everything." Amenadiel turned to his brother. "He explains his reasons in interesting ways."

"Yeah, there's obviously a reason he took the detective away from me." Lucifer said with extreme sarcasm.

"He didn't take her away. Honestly do you ever think how terrifying it would be to love someone then realize they are The Devil?" 

"I guess I...." Lucifer paused in the middle of his sentence, his attention latched onto something else.

"What are you looking at Luci?" Amenadiel asked him

"Azrael's blade." 

The Angel of Death's sword was laying right there, on the floor.

"How did that get in here?" Lucifer looked at Amenadiel.

"Did you put it in here?" Amenadiel asked his brother.

"No! I swear I threw it into the portal to nothing 2 years ago."

"You obviously didn't. Are you sure it wasn't here before?"

"Yes!"

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes I'm sure brother!"

"Did father put it there?"

"Why would he?"

"Did Azrael put it there?"

"Probably!"

"Where is Azrael?"

"I don't know!"

"Find her!"

"Right now?"

"Yes right now!"

"You want me to call a search party?"

"No! No search parties Luci!"

"What should we do then?"

"Check Lux!" Amenadiel gestured him to the elevator.

"Azrael isn't a club kind of person!"

"Where would she be then?"

"I don't know!"

Suddenly they both heard a flapping sound, and Azrael's voice. "Guys—do you ever shut up? I can hear you from clear out the window!"

The two brothers turned around. 

Azrael folded her dark wings and looked at her siblings.

"Oh! Hello—Azrael—" Lucifer greeted her hastily.

"Explain this." Amenadiel picked up the blade and set it down on the table for her to see.

"Where did you find that?" Azrael asked. 

"Just in here. On the floor." Amenadiel rolled his eyes.

"You think I put it here?" Azrael scowled at them both. "That shouldn't even be on earth!"

Suddenly a gust of wind blew from Lucifer's back.

"AND DEAR OLD DAD STRIKES AGAIN!" Lucifer exclaimed, looking over his shoulder at his snow white wings.

Everyone went silent.

"Uh....... should I leave now?" Azrael said awkwardly. 

Amenadiel looked at her.

"Yeah..... I'm gonna go. Bye!" The Angel of Death flew out of the window.

Amenadiel examined Lucifer's wings. "Father is up to something."

"Is he?" Lucifer folded his wings. "He has a bloody plan! Does he? A plan to kill the detective and have it be on me!"

"Why do you believe father is trying to kill Chloe?"

"Because he is trying to punish me for killing Cain! In the worst way possible! Wait—speaking of Cain..."

"He is out there somewhere Luci."

"Wait!" Lucifer grabbed Azrael's sword. "When we find Cain, I can kill him with this and get rid of him forever!" 

"Lucifer that's—"

"Fascinating! I know!" The Devil laughed at his own intelligence.

"A terrible plan!" Amenadiel slammed his fist on the table, knocking down 2 bottles.

Lucifer raised an eyebrow.

"Luci what if father cursed him again?"

"If he brought him to Heaven I doubt any cursing happened."

"Still, you don't know what that blade is capable of, and father has his ways!"

"Yes! He's got ways to ruin my life for doing something terrible even though he knows that's what he made me KNOWN FOR!" Lucifer's dark eyes flashed with red.

There was a moment of silence.

"We just...we need to find Cain to know what he's up to."

"Brother you don't know what he's done! He deserves to be punished!"

"You can do your punishing, when we find him." Amenadiel walked toward the elevator.

"Fine. Fine fine fine. Do your little angel search thing, I'll be here waiting for you when you come back." Lucifer smirked at Amenadiel as he disappeared into the elevator.