Chapter 17 | "Punisher's punishment"

Setting: Lux

Lucifer walked out of the elevator just when he heard a gun shot and a chorus of screams. He looked around frantically in attempt to see who did it. "Alright, murderer. Show yourself." The Devil snarled.

"Everybody leave now, unless you want to die." A guy warned from the middle of the club, aiming his gun all around. Everybody raced up the staircase in panic.

"Oh, I think i'll stay here." Lucifer sneered at the man, walking toward him. "Besides, it's my club. Isn't it me who's supposed to make the rules?"

The man appeared to notice him. "Oh! Mr. Morningstar! Sorry, I didn't realize you were here."

"Oh trust me, you'll be more than sorry soon enough."

"Is that your best threat?" The man laughed, and pointed his gun at Lucifer.

"Don't waste your bullets on me, save them for someone you really want to kill."

"But I like to kill everyone." The guy shot Lucifer, as bullet bounced off of him and made a clattering sound as it hit the floor. He looked at his gun, then at Lucifer, seemingly confused. "How.." He pulled the trigger a few more times, the bullets puncturing his shirt but never his skin.

"Isn't It perplexing?" The Devil smirked at him in amusement. 

"Why aren't you dead?" The criminal exclaimed in frustration.

"Benefits of immortality."

"What? W-what are you?"

"You know very well what I am." Lucifer walked closer to the man, his face turning dark red and burnt and his eyes turning red with a black sclera for a split second.

The guy stumbled backwards in fear, dropping his gun. "WOAH WHAT—I-I'M SORRY—I DIDN'T—I JUST—JUST PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!"

"Oh, you're gonna wish I'd kill you instead." Lucifer's eyes flashed red again.

The man let out a scream just as a group of police officers rushed down the stairs. "Lucifer!" Chloe's voice echoed through the club. "Lucifer? What did you do?"

Lucifer turned around. "Detective? You're better?"

"Yes, now answer my question. What did you do?" 

Lucifer pointed to the man behind him. "He's guilty, detective."

The man frantically scrambled for his gun behind Lucifer and pointed it at Chloe.

Chloe moved her gun toward the guy behind him. "Drop the weapon." She ordered.

Lucifer turned his head to see what the man was doing.

The guy refused to listen and stood up, his gun still pointed at Chloe.

"Drop it. Now." Chloe instructed.

Lucifer turned to face the man. "You heard the lady."

The criminal disobeyed once again put his finger on the trigger.

Lucifer glared at the man and turned his eyes red as a warning. 

The guy flinched and slowly moved down his gun. "I'm—sorry.."

"Drop it!" The Devil shouted at him, his eyes still red with fire.

He dropped his gun immediately. "D-dont—please.."

Chloe shivered slightly and backed up. She knew he was The Devil, but she still wasn't quite used to seeing that part of him. She'd only seen it once, and that one time was enough to nearly scare the life out of her. "L-Lucifer... your eyes.."