Chapter 7 | "Pudding Algebraic Expression"

Setting: Lucifer's Penthouse

4 hours later

Amenadiel stepped in from the elevator.

"Well?"

"Cain's not here, Luci." The angel folded his arms.

"What do you mean 'not here?"

"He's not in L.A."

Lucifer shook his head in disbelief. "Are you sure you checked everywhere brother?"

"Other than your terrible mess of a penthouse, yes."

Lucifer scanned around the room, to see glass pieces and a 1 single feather on the floor "Oh, right yes I was um—"

Amenadiel raised an eyebrow. "You were what?"

"Well you see—the detective fell out of the balcony and I um—kind of—swooped down and saved her—no huge deal."

"Oh so now your using your wings to do good deeds?" Amenadiel laughed. "Might as well be the angel of San Bernardino again?"

Lucifer glared at him, his eyes slowly faded to red. "Careful, brother."

"What? Are you going to punish me?"

Lucifer grabbed the angel by the neck and slammed him against a wall. His eyes glowed red with anger. "YOU DARE SPEAK TO ME THIS WAY!"

Lucifer suddenly realized what he was doing, and released his brother. His eyes changing back to  brown.

"Luci—"

"Don't." Lucifer shook his head and pointed to the elevator.

Amenadiel nodded and walked into it.

Setting: Precinct

Lucifer walked over to Chloe's desk. "Hello detective."

Chloe looked at him, "Hi. You need anything?"

Ella walked over to them, "Chloe you seem—normal."

"What do you mean?" She said hurriedly, her eyes locked to her computer.

"You're back to your normal self?" 

"Right. And?" She kept staring at her computer, and started typing.

Ella folded her arms. "Um..." she looked at Lucifer. "Did something great happen? Or—"

"Nothing important Miss Lopez." Lucifer interrupted, grinning at her.

Ella laughed, "Oh! Okay! Sorry! I'm just curious sometimes you know? Heh, yeah um...I'll just—be in here—examining." She awkwardly walked to her lab.

Chloe looked at Lucifer and then at Ella. She grinned trying to hold in laughter. 

Lucifer laughed slightly shook his head. 

"Your a great liar." Chloe said to him, laughing.

"I get that a lot." Lucifer looked up at the ceiling and back at Chloe. "I'm The Devil after all."

They both laughed.

Dan seemed to notice, and walked over to them holding a container of pudding with a spoon in it. "What is so funny?"

Lucifer turned to him, "Oh nothing—Detective Douche."

"Aaand your back to that nickname again. Great." Dan turned to Chloe. "I got some evidence that could help with this case."