Chapter 11 | "Watching you suffer over someone else's sadness is fun."

Setting: Precinct

A few days later

Chloe stood up from her chair right as Lucifer walked over to her. 

"Detective? Where are you going?" Lucifer asked her.

"I have to pick Trixie up from her friend's birthday party."

"Already? Shouldn't parties last until night?"

"Lucifer—just—stay here."  Chloe rushed out the door.

"But—detective!" He chased after her.

Setting: streets of Los Angeles

"I'll come with you, detective!"

"No, just stay here." Chloe hopped in her car and slammed the door shut.

"Detective!" Lucifer shouted after her as she drove away. "Bloody hell." He walked over to his black convertible and hopped in. "You can't escape The Devil, detective." He started the engine and sped toward Chloe.

Setting: Someone's house

Lucifer parked his car next to Chloe's, which was already parked, and stepped out of it.

"Detective!" He walked over to the door and opened it, to see a bunch of kids running around the house. "Oh—dearie me, it's a flock of small humans."

"Lucifer! I told you to stay in the department!" Chloe rushed over to him and started to shove him out of the door.

"Wait—"

"LUCIFER!" Trixie appeared from the hallway and ran at full speed towards Lucifer.

"Woah! Slow down child!" Lucifer backed away from her.

Trixie stopped in front of both of them.

"Alright. Come on. Time to come home." Chloe grabbed Trixie's hand and started out of the door.

"Bye Trixie!" One of her friends shouted after her.

"Wait! detective!" Lucifer followed her.

Setting: Streets of Los Angeles

"Do you really have to follow me everywhere?" Chloe snarled, walking to her car.

"When you leave without saying goodbye, yes."

"Oh yeah, like you haven't done that to me more than 400 times."

"Those times were for a reason."

"Right. Mhm." Chloe opened the back car door and gestured Trixie to get in.

"Can I ride with Lucifer, mommy?" 

"Oh um—"

"Please?" Trixie gave Chloe puppy eyes.

Chloe hesitated. "Well uh—maybe—"

"Oh come on, detective. Your child clearly prefers more expensive cars." Lucifer smirked at Trixie.

The detective rolled her eyes, then nodded. "Fine. But next time your riding with me, got it?"

"Not if Lucifer's with you." Trixie told her mom, then walked towards Lucifer's car.

"Oh!" The Devil laughed. 

"Okay—not happening—whatever. You two just go." Chloe closed the back door and opened the front one.

"Lovely. Here you go, child." Lucifer tossed the keys to Trixie.

"Lucifer—what—she can't drive!" Chloe shouted from her car.