Chapter 4 | "This is unbelievable"

Setting: Precinct

Lucifer walked to Chloe's desk as she got off the phone. She stood up and started to walk away from him.

"Detective!" He shouted after her. She ignored him and kept walking. "Detective Decker!" He shouted again. He thought calling her a different name would get her attention. "Miss Decker! Chloe??" He gave up as she disappeared. Just then Ella walked up to him. 

"Wait—she's actually ignoring you?" She asked.

"Yes! It's unbelievable!" Lucifer exclaimed. 

"That's weird, I thought you two were—you know—close." Ella said.

"I thought so too." Lucifer's voice went soft.

"Don't worry buddy." She assured him. "She'll come back around eventually." 

"I doubt that." He mumbled. "Where did she go anyway?" 

"She's off to see a suspect. That's why I was surprised she didn't take you with her." Ella told him.

Lucifer nodded and headed out of the police department.

Setting: somebody's house

Lucifer kicked open the door to see Chloe with her gun pointed at some man.

"Hello." Lucifer chirped.

Both Chloe and the man turned around to face him. 

"Lucifer? What are you doing here? How did you even find me?" Chloe asked eagerly.

"Relax Detective. I'm here to help you catch our killer!"

"Really? You think I need your help?" Chloe backed away from him.

"Detective—"

"I don't know why I never believed you! It was obvious! The whole immortality thing, the name, the angel wings, the reason your brother looks so different, the whole 'Pierce is Cain' thing, everything about you was suspicious and I still didn't believe you! You're The Prince of Darkness! Your evil, Lucifer! I can't do this anymore!" Chloe's blue eyes filled with tears.

"Detective please—"

BOOM

The man that was standing behind Chloe had shot Lucifer in the stomach. He expected himself to bleed to death since Chloe was right in front of him, but all that showed was a hole in his shirt. The man backed up and dropped his gun, seemingly confused.

"Im not—bleeding?" Lucifer was completely puzzled. "How is this—possible?"

Chloe hastily backed farther away from him and handcuffed the man. "We're—we're done." She sniffled, and walked back to her car taking the guy with her.

As much as he loved scaring humans, he hated scaring Chloe. For the first time he believed she had feelings for him, and now she's gone. He was once again immortal around her. It felt just like the beginning, but worse. Much worse. 

Suddenly Cain's words flashed in Lucifer's mind."I know what makes us vulnerable, it's Chloe's love." 

He then came to the conclusion, "If that's true.. Chloe doesn't love me anymore..." he thought.

Setting: Precinct 

Lucifer stood in a corner, glancing around the room. Thinking about what Cain had said, and how it tied to him being invulnerable around her.