Chapter 9 | "What is happening to me?"

Setting: Lucifer's Penthouse

Maze followed Lucifer into the elevator. "Where is Cain?"

"Long story." 

"Should I torture him again?"

"If you can bring him back in here, I don't mind." Lucifer walked out into the balcony.

Maze nodded and walked into the elevator.

The Devil stared up at the sky at his dad, about to say something, but then eyed something else.

Azrael's sword sat on the floor once again. 

"Really?" Lucifer shook his head, "What is this nonsense, dad?" He glared at the clouds in the sky. "Did you put this here to have more humans use it to kill their enemies? And erase them from existence forever?"

Just then he heard a giggling sound from the living room. 

He turned around to see Azrael laughing on the couch. "I put that there, silly."

"What—" Lucifer scowled at her. He looked over to see Amenadiel laughing beside her.

"The pranks will never stop!" Amenadiel laughed. 

"Really? You two are joking around right now?" Lucifer glared at his siblings. "You're pulling pranks with a dangerous celestial weapon?"

"Relax, Luci. It's not like it's—" The blade was no longer on the floor. "—Going anywhere..."

"Lovely! Now it's in the hands of a human! Do you two ever use knowledge at all?" The Devil frustratedly walked into the elevator. "Now it's my job to find it?"

Amenadiel and Azrael looked at each other. "Maybe we should of thought that one through." Azrael shook her head.

Setting: Lux

Lucifer was about to walk out of the club when he spotted Chloe at the corner of his eye. He walked toward her, but stepped back when she turned around.

"Move. I have to kill somebody." Chloe held the Angel of Death's sword in her hand.

The music stopped and everyone stared at them.

"Detective, I can't let you do that." He tried to calm her down.

"I'll kill you too if you don't move." She snarled, pointing the sword at Lucifer.

"Detective... put the blade down."

"I'd rather not." Chloe put the sword to Lucifer's neck. "Leave now unless you want to die."

Lucifer slowly moved his hand under the sword and grabbed it. "Easy..." he carefully slid it out of Chloe's hands. 

Chloe stepped backward and looked around everywhere. "What—why are we here?"

"No reason. We just um—let's go." He grabbed her arm and walked her out of the club.

{}Flashback dream{}

Setting: Heaven

"Dad! You can't do this to him! Give him a chance!" An angel shouted from behind.

"DO YOU WANT TO GO DOWN TOO?" God snarled, then glared at Lucifer.

Lucifer flapped his bright white wings in disgust. "Is this necessary?"

"No back talking! You will be The Devil and you will not argue!" God was about to push him out of Heaven when Amenadiel flew next to them, his sharp wings raised. "Father! Don't make him go, he's still young!"