Chapter 13 | "I've been punished"

Setting: Chloe's Apartment

Chloe looked up at Cain, who had a bullet in the middle of his chest. "What have I done..." She muttered to herself, and dropped her gun.

"And... the detective wins!" Maze exclaimed from outside the door. 

"I-I'm going to Heaven." Cain collapsed to the floor.

"No... you're going to Hell..." Chloe walked over to him.

Cain glared at Chloe as his heartbeat slowed.

Chloe then realized she killed Lucifer's killer, and grinned. "You got what you deserve."

Cain rolled his eyes and decided to just let himself die. 

"Mommy?"

Chloe turned around to see Trixie in the hallway with a stuffed animal in her hand.

 "Monkey what are you doing up? It's midnight."

"I heard a gun shot, and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. It's just police stuff, okay? Now go back to bed."

"Okay." She walked back to her room.

Chloe looked back at Cain, his eyes narrow and his chest still. She smirked again. "Have a nice time in Hell."

Setting: Hell

Lucifer sat in his throne in boredom. "Since when is being the King of Hell so boring?" He rolled his eyes. "Can somebody give me something to do, please?"

The dark room stayed quiet.

"Typical." The Devil snarled.

 Suddenly he heard crying. "What on earth.." Lucifer stood up from his throne and followed the sound. He eventually reached the door of a cell, and opened it. He walked inside to find Cain standing there with Chloe crying in her apartment.

"Well hello, Cain.."

Cain turned around and looked at Lucifer "You were right, I deserve to be here. I've done so many terrible things."

"Right, like breaking the detective's heart?"

Cain nodded. "And killing you was... a huge mistake."

"You said I deserved to die, why are you thinking it's a mistake now?"

"Chloe killed me because of your death."

"The detective killed you?...because... I'm...dead?"

"That's how much she cares about you, yes."

"Right... I suggest you stay in here. Torture is nice every once in a while." The Devil walked out of the door.

Cain glared at Lucifer as he left the room.

The next day

Setting: Doctor Linda's Office

Chloe walked in from the door. "Hey Linda, I um... I have to tell you something."

Linda looked up at her from her desk. "Oh! Sure." She sat up in her seat.

"It's about Lucifer, he's.. he's dead." Chloe's blue eyes teared up. "Cain killed him—and—and then I killed Cain..."

"Hold up. Cain killed Lucifer?"

Chloe nodded, wiping her eyes.

"He always comes back, Chloe. He has wings, he can fly himself back."