Chapter 20

*Chapter 20*

Quentin

It was still in the middle of the night when we all returned. I watched as everyone got in their cars and left while I was sitting in front of Zaron's door on the steps. Zaron then turned to me and pressed his lips together in an anticipating gesture.

"Stop looking at me like that," I avoided his eyes when he took a seat next to me.

"Like what?" He cocked his brow and forced me to look at him. His hands pressed on each side of my cheeks and slightly quishing my face that I was willinglessly pursing my lips.

"Like that." I pulled his hands away and shifted my gaze to the ground. "I know what you're expecting to hear."

"So, if you know, don't make me ask," he insisted and got up. "Let's get inside first," he muttered before using his key to open the door. "Come on, it's cold outside."

I sighed and followed him in before he closed the door behind me and head to his room. Meanwhile, I was a bit uneasy, seeing as the situation was a bit awkward for me since I have never been in a position like this one. Like, I've never told anyone the entire story behind me and my family which made it difficult for to handle.

"What's making you so distracted?" Zaron wondered and grabbed my wrist, pulling me to his room. "We should get changed first," he suggested, pulling his shirt off. "Should I give you something to change into?"

"It's fine," I shook my head before getting rid of my clothes excluding my underwear, heading for bed. Zaron was only in a pair of sweatpants when he joined me after turning the light off. "Wait, are we really just going to sleep now?" I frowned.

That was when Zaron switched on the night lamp. "Of course not!" He rolled his eyes. "I want you to tell me about everything I'm missing out right now and right here." His expression abruptly got serious.

I bit my lips, moving on top of him where I rested on his bare chest and listened to his heartbeat. My eyes almost automatically fell close to the relaxing sound. "We have a deal going on though, I'm not willing to tell if I don't gain anything out from it."

"I didn't forget," he wrapped his arm around me and let his hand brush through my hair.

"I'm really not good at this though," I sighed. "You see, it has everything to do with my father and because of that it has also reflected on my brothers and on me. I'm actually able to fight as you can tell. It's like, my whole life I have been prepared to follow my Dad's steps when I'm fully educated. A lot of training, lectures and before it also used to be lessons that I had to get through and I'm still not close to being a professional."

I bit my lips, and thought about how to formulate my words to get to the point.

"I'm sure that you heard of my father before. The famous but basically unknown assasin that is barely at home because of what he's doing. Maybe I should just get straight to the point. To keep it short, my Dad, he's Jacob Emmett Collister well and obviously I'm his son Quentin Collister. There you have it, nothing too major."

"Nothing to major?" He sat up which forced me to copy him since I had still been laying on his chest. "You are lying!" He rested his hand on my arms in a secure but at the same time insecure grip.

"Why would I lie?" His eyes should have probably fallen out by now.

"No fucking way," he sighed. "In what did I get myself into?" He massaged his forehead and pressed his lips together.

"Come on, I swear it's not as bad as it sounds," I tried to calm him down.

"Just give me a moment," he said and avoided my face when I got off of him to let him stand up before he left the room.