Chapter 28

*Chapter 28*

Zaron

When the bell rang, I immediately got up to check who it was, already expecting Quentin's brother to show up. On the other side, the others were confused as to why I was absent the passing time until now just to open the door.

"Where is he?" Was the very first thing that shot from Jin's mouth when I opened the door.

"Upstairs," I mumbled, being about to show him the way when he just pushed it's way through and quickly disappeared after running the stairs up. I sighed and closed the door before returning.

"What is happening?" Memphis frowned when he noticed Jin passing by. "Who was that?"

"Quentin kind of collapsed. And that guy was his brother," I explained in two sentences.

"Collapsed?!" They gasped. "What? How?" Jane stood up in worry. But I forced her to sit back down, having in mind that it wouldn't do Quentin any good to be surrounded by to many people right now.

"I don't know, that's what we're trying to figure out." I bit my lips and let my fingers drove through my hair. "I hope he'll be fine." The worry in me, became worse every minute I had to wait any longer.

And that was until Jin called me. I  didn't waste another second and jumped up, leaving to head to my room.

Jin was sitting at the bed, looking like he knew what he was doing while Quentin's eyes were still closed. "Is he okay?" I wanted to know and went over to get a better look.

"He was asking for you," Jin mumbled, not being too fond about it. I looked down on him, seeing as his expression looked troubled but changed to a calm one once he slightly opened his eyes, noticing me.

I took his hand in mine and added a little pressure to make sure that he knew I was there for him. He gave me a small smile, appreciating my presence, as I suppose before I turned to Jin, wanting to know what it was that he had.

"He seemes to have an allergic reaction, I think," he assumed.

"What how? He didn't eat anything with citrus though," I frowned.

"Figured. Since he would be in risk of death if he did. But he is having the same or rather similar symptoms, just not as bad which is why I assume it is an allergic reaction. So what did you give him that he ended up like that?" He was calm and composed but his eyes clearly showed a bitter coldness and a hint of something judgemental.

"I didn't give him anything," I bit my lips because even if it was true, it didn't sound like it was. "All he was eating was-," I stopped in tracks when suspicion raised in my mind. "Wait a second," I frowned, letting go of Quentin and getting up. "I need to check something."

And with that I left both of them alone to get back too the others who were still impatiently waiting for some information.

"And what happened? Do you know now?" Jane sat up once she saw me coming back. But I didn't answer, instead I went to Collin with that one question in mind.

"What did you give him?" I crossed my arms.

"What? Now it is my fault? You saw what I gave him!" His face flushed red and his words came out a little too hysterical.

"Collin!" I grabbed his collar and tugged him up, minimizing the distance between us. "What the fuck did you do?"

He panicked. "It was Pixie's idea! I just agreed to it." That wasn't making him less at fault. "It was just meant as a little prank, not to harm him."

"Zaron, calm down," Memphis tried, but I was not in the state to listen to his words.

"I'll hit you if you don't tell me right now what you gave him," I threatened him.