Chapter 30

*Chapter 30*

Quentin

I zipped up my burgendy sweatshirt jacket and pulled the black beanie over my head, stuffing the face mask in my pocket.

"Ready to go?" Zaron nonchalantly leaned against the wall, already in his green cargo pants and white t-shirt under his grey hoodie.

"In a second," I said while I got out my red Converse shoes where I wrapped the lace around my ankle before tying them since they happen to be too long for some reason. It was early in the morning right now and it was still an unknown feeling preparing for the upcoming in the young dawn light.

Anyway, I quickly pushed that thought aside, seeing as we didn't have much time left and I was still looking for my phone. I raised the blanket, hoping to find it under it, but no, it wasn't there.

It's always like that. The moment I'm in a hurry, I always happen to be missing something. "What is it? What're you looking for?" Zaron crossed his arms at me.

"My phone," I muttered, glancing around the room.

"On the table," he pointed at it, turned around, ready to head out to the car. My pretty disorganized self picked the phone up and sprinted after him, after closing the door behind me and getting in the car.

We sped up a bit since we were running a bit late and for whatever reason that was, Zaron insisted on arriving before anyone else did. I, on the other side, had other problems. According to our plan, I was carrying a lot of responsibility on me for the very first time and Zaron wasn't there to have my back this time. And of course I didn't want to mess up.

"Stop worrying," Zaron suddenly said like he knew what was going through my mind. He pulled over in that moment and opened the door. I didn't even notice that we had already arrived. "You're just thinking too much," he added.

"How can I not?" I mumbled after getting out, glancing around the place. It felt like we were in the middle of nowhere "Just one mistake and everything is over," I sighed and rested my head against Zaron's chest.

"That's how it works." He laid his hand on my back for comfort but I still felt uneasy. "Hey, look up." He put his fingers under my chin and gently forced me to look at him. "I know you'll be fine, don't worry."

I waved it away and turned my back at him to spin around. "I know I will, I'm worried about whether I will do well though." Once I heard a car approaching us, I stopped and followed its direction with my eyes. "Look it's Loki," I grinned and skipped in front of their car to make him pull over.

Instead, his car slightly hit me, causing me to trip and drop to the ground. "Ow," I whined.

"What the hell! Quentin!" Zaron, Loki and his passengers which were Collin and Pixie jumped out the car as if something drastic happened. "Damn, what's gotten into you?" Zaron shrieked.

"Huh? Nothing," I stood up and brushed my bum clean. "You better watch where you're driving Loki," I warned him.

"What? But you were the one who jumped in front of his car," Collin defended him.

"No I didn't. The car moved onto me," I shook my head like it was completely obvious.

"B-but-" Pixie put a hand on Collin's shoulder to calm him down and remember that it made no sense arguing with me.

"And here I am thinking that he got a little serious," Zaron mumbled.

"I'm always serious," I remarked when the last car pulled over and Memphis followed by Jane got out the car.