Chapter 29

*Chapter 29*

Quentin

"Was yesterday our last meeting for this case?" I wanted to know after almost dying a week ago while making myself ready.

"Yeah, it was," he nodded and leaned back, resting on his bed as I was busy getting out some clothes to wear and therefore was just standing in my underwear.

"Do you think it'll all work out the way we planned it?" I questioned while getting out some black short pants with Zaron's red hoodie.

"If I knew then I wouldn't be so worried," he sat up. I went ahead to fix my hair in the bathroom when Zaron tagged along. "I mean, it usually never goes as planned," he shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure, it'll be fine. Don't worry about it. The luck will be on our side," I smiled.

"Wrong," he rolled his eyes with a smirk. "The luck will be on your side, as always," he corrected as I took a seat on the edge of the bathtub to put on my orange knee socks when I noticed some stubbles on my shin.

"Aw, I guess I'll have to shave my hair again," I muttered in annoyance and pulled the sock up.

"You shave your leg hair?" Zaron cocked an eyebrow.

"Of course I do. Else it wouldn't look cute when I wear shorts," I stood up. His eyes were glued on me for a few seconds until he just turned around, leaving without a comment.

"Come on get going," he said when I still didn't budge from my position. So I hurried over to get my shoes and put them on.

By the way, if you are wondering, we were going to my house now, since Zaron promised to do whatever I wanted. And I kind of missed my home which was why the decision wasn't hard to make.

Once we arrived at my place this time, I didn't wait for anyone to open the door, but instead I opened it myself immediately after we reached the door.

"What did you even plan to do here?" Zaron wondered and looked around the foyer a bit lost.

"You know, there are lots of things you can do here," I pointed out and grabbed his hand to lead the way. "And my brothers are probably not home."

"Probably?" He cocked his eyebrows in doubt.

"C'mon, lemme show you around, 'kay? And then we'll drink some Cocktail in the garden. What do you think?" I suggested.

"Sure," he agreed on it and so it came. I went up showing him every room with exception from the rooms of my brothers because I would happily want to keep my head attached to my body, if you know what I mean.

"Damn, so you do have a gym and a frickin' gaming room here. That's sick," he marvelled.

"Yeah but I don't go in there," I shrugged. "Working out is exhausting and I'm shitty at arcade games." It was mainly Myles who wasted his time there. Like I don't have anything better to do than that.

"And this is our little library," I showed. "So, I guess that's it with any special rooms, or no wait, we still have our tiny movie theater in there."

"I'm getting a little jealous," he mumbled as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Have you ever mixed a cocktail before?" He frowned when I started taking out some indegrients we could use.

"Nope, but it can't be that hard, right?" Zaron chuckled at me and stood by my side to give me a hand. "Let's just look it up," I suggested and for my phone out to look for cute ideas before we ended up choosing a rainbow cocktail.

"But you need orange juice for this," he reminded while I got out the indegrients.

"I know, but we'll use passion fruit juice instead. Or you don't like it? You can also have it with orange juice." He shook his head at that and watched how I poured red sirup in both of our glasses.