Chapter 36

*Chapter 36*

Quentin

I woke up around afternoon when my belly released a hungry grumble as I noticed a particular someone missing next to me. "Where is he again?" I yawned and got up, almost falling down at the major soreness from yesterday. Luckily, I managed to catch myself just in time.

I then felt something unusual from my finger as soon as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Right, how could I forget," I smiled. Jin, Ramon- they need to know, I grinned at the thought and quickly put some sweatpants on. Else I would get another mouthful from Jin for showing up naked again. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

Once I left the room, heading to search mainly for Zaron, I heard voices coming from downstairs. So, I didn't hesitate to approach them that leaded me to the kitchen.

My eyes glanced through the room, seeing Jin leaning against the counter drinking coffee, while Zaron and Ramon were sitting at the table. Myles also seemed to find interest in their conversation as he was leaning against the walls with crossed arms.

They all just noticed me when I got in greeting everyone in a good mood. "Good morning!"

"Oh, speak of the devil," Ramon said.

"What were you talking about," I frowned, but no one gave me an answer. And instead of questioning it any further, I just shrugged it of and grinned changing the subject. "Look at what I got!" I shrieked and held my hand up pointing at the ring.

That's how it got silence in the same moment I heard a shattering sound of Jin letting his cup fall as Ramon started coughing like he was half dying and Myles glancing at me wide eyed. It was only Zaron who had been shaking his head with a half smile.

"Q-Quentin... w-what is the meaning of this?" Jin coughed.

"Oh dang," Ramon added in surprise, when the atmosphere got interrupted as soon as Ace voice approached us.

"What is it? What was that shattering? Quentin, what did you destroy?!" Huh?! Why is it always me? I didn't do nothing. I pouted when Ace looked around the kitchen, noticing the broken pieces of porcelain in front of Jin together with everyone shocked expression. "Quentin? What is going on?" He suspiciously asked.

I grinned at him. "I'm officially engaged," I showed him the ring that was reflecting the bright noon sun and wiggled my fingers.

"What?!" He gasped. Zaron just watched everyone's reaction with amusement.

"Congratulations?" Ramon frowned, making the situation even more awkward then it already was. I just smiled at him when Zaron decided to raise his hand in order for me to grab it, which I did, not a few seconds before he pulled me to him that I landed on his lap with his firm arms around my bare stomach.

"C-careful," I said at his rushed movements. "I'm still sore," I whispered.

"What the hell," Jin finally snapped out of it and rushed with cleaning the mess he made. "You guys are just insane," he shook his head.

"Agree," Myles raised his voice. "Can't believe baby bro is the first to get a fiance." Was that jealousy in his voice? I smirked. Myles? Jealous of me? Nahh.

I felt Zaron's chin resting on my shoulder and his hand lowering to the waistband of my sweatpants. "What are you planning?" I looked down in curiosity. I used my hand to stop him but just when I did, his hand grabbed it, admiring the ring on my hand.

"I can't believe you find it ugly," he mumbled. Was he sulking?

"Appearance does not present the value of it, especially for me." I chuckled at him and scattered his hair. "Could have given me a plastic ring and I'd still love it."