Little things

Waking up in Colson's arms was the best feeling in the world. I hazily opened my eyes and saw a beam of light coming through a gap in the blinds, and snuggled into him, feeling the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest and his warm skin against mine. Colson kisses the top of my head before saying good morning.
"Good morning," I replied "What time do you have to be at the studio,"
There was no reply for a moment, before a "Shit! Shit, what time is it now?"
I reached across to get my phone from the nightstand "Ten thirty,"
"Fuck. Well we were supposed to be there a half hour ago, so pretty soon," He said
I sighed "Okay. Hey can you go into the other room and get me some black leggings?"
"Sure. You want a t shirt too?" Colson asked me. I nodded, my eyes were barely staying open
"You can put together a whole outfit if you want, I'm having 5 more minutes of sleep,"

When I said he could put a whole outfit together if he wanted, I was kidding and I didn't think Colson was going to take me up on the offer. I definitely didn't anticipate that he would come back in with a fully planned outfit with ways to style the shirt and shoes.
"Okay so here's the plan. I got you your black leggings, and then this red t shirt. I mean it says Chicago bulls when really it should say Cleveland Browns but I'll let it slide. Tie the shirt and then wear those white Adidas shoes you had the day you came and then we'll kind of match but not too much. You feel me?" He rambled. I had no idea what he was on about with the matching but what I'd learnt was that with him, it was best not too ask too many questions.
I nodded "How do you have so much energy?"
"I don't know. Oh and also brought you this," He added, holding up a black lacy bralette
I smiled "Thanks," I took the clothes out of his hands and began getting dressed. Although I was tired, I was so excited to see Conor. When I finished getting dressed I walked back into Colson's room, and I could see our subtle matching that he'd done. I was wearing a red t shirt and black pants, he was wearing a black t shirt and red pants.
"You look cute," I said as I strolled back in whilst he was putting on his Air Force
"When do I not look cute?" He joked "You look cute, like always,"
"Well I mean I am styled by Colson so I'm glad you like it," he smiled and gave me a quick kiss. Even those simple things made me so happy, because I knew he loved me. He wasn't just wanting to get me into bed, he loved me. "Come on, you don't want to be later than you already are,"

We walked into the room together, I didn't know if he wanted me to hold his hand or what, so I just left it and waited to see what he did; if anything. Conor was writing something down and pressing some keys when we entered the room, hardly noticing we'd come in.

"Hi," he said, not glancing up from his notebook
"Yo, two things. First of all I brought a friend," Colson said. Conor looked up before realising who I was
"Oh my god hey! I didn't think I was actually going to see you since you had to go back and everything," he explained
"Yeah, neither. You go back Sunday right?"
"Yeah, lunch tomorrow?"
"Of course," I answered. We had so much to catch up on
"Sick. Okay Kells what was the other thing?"
"So I know it's late since the deadline to finish the album is today, but I've been writing this song over the last couple of weeks and I really want to put it in," He explained
"You want to put a song in now?"
"Yep. I know we can't do a song in a day but we can try," Colson said. This song was news to me
"You got all the lyrics? Like finished and everything?"
Colson nodded, before giving Conor a piece of paper "And I pretty much know the beat I want as well. Something slower, you know? Goes with the lyrics better. I swear man I have the whole thing in my head I just need you to help me put it together," He explained
"They're good lyrics. Are you thinking rehab kind of sound for it?" Conor asked. I literally had no idea what they were talking about.
"Yeah, something like this," Colson said before taking a guitar off the wall and sitting down on the red couch next to me. He began to play a soft acoustic tune; I completely fell in love with it. I hadn't heard much of his music, but what I had heard was completely different to what he was playing. It was raw, emotional; a new side of him. When he finished, he looked at me and then Conor "Thoughts?"
"Sounds good to me. You want to start on it now?" Conor said
"Yeah. Dev?"
"I love it," I told Colson.
He smiled "Good. Well let's get started,"