The epitome of the honeymoon phase

It was Sunday morning, and we were both lying in bed. There was a crack of August light coming through a gap in the curtain, getting brighter as time went on. Our phones went off a couple of times, but we were both too comfortable and completely unbothered so didn't check them. I shifted across the bed a little bit and rested my head on his shoulder.
"Hi," I said
"Hi,"
"I love you,"
"I love you more," Colson replied before kissing me on the forehead. We drifted in and out of sleep for another hour, the both of us wholly content with our lives in this relaxed yet perfect moment; it was the epitome of the honeymoon phase.

Eventually, Colson stood up to go get us both some water and pulled back the blinds and brought me my phone before he went downstairs. Most of my notifications were from Instagram, I'd had a sudden influx of followers. My account was public, so I normally got people following me, but this was hundreds. And I had no idea how. When I looked at who these people were following, I saw Colson and all of his friends at the top of the list. But how did his fans find my Instagram? It wasn't like he'd put anything on his profile about me, and I'd never tagged him in anything. I decided to move on and started checking people's stories. I got to Slim's; it was a picture of him and Rook from the other night. But in the background you could see Colson and I making out. I guessed people had gone through who Slim followed until they found my account. I called Colson and he came back into the room with two glasses of water, one in each hand.
"Look at this," I said before handing him my phone.
"Shiiit. Did people find your account?" I nodded in reply "Well fuck,"
"I know. How do we do explain what we are?"
"What do you mean? We're just us," he said
"I know, and I get that. But I don't know if everyone else will," I said
Colson was silent for a minute "Well, I don't care. It's our thing, not anyone else's," He got back into bed next to me "As long as you're happy I'm happy,"
"And I," I kissed him "Am very, very happy,"

We spent the rest of the day like that; lying in bed with sun hitting it through the windows, talking and cuddling. He told me about how he was going to be in Utah in October for a film and how he was going to fly to California after to see me. It was so wholesome and perfect.
"Dev; I don't want you to leave," Colson said suddenly
I sighed "There's still another two weeks; but I don't want to leave either,"
"So stay. Please,"
"You know I can't. I've got college, and my family. But you're coming in October, and I'm coming to you straight after Christmas into new year. We're going to be fine, we're going to make it work," I reassured him
"Promise?"
I cupped his face with my hands "I promise. I trust you and you trust me," I only realised how much that sounded like we were in a relationship until after I said it "We'll be all good," I gave him a kiss and snuggled into him "I love you," whispered
"I love you too,"

It was later in the day, and I was making pasta whilst Colson laid on the sofa. I was wearing one of his t shirts and some shorts, with my hair thrown up in a bun.
"How come you look better in my clothes than I do?" He asked me. I turned around and smiled at him "Seriously. You can keep that t shirt,"
"You're so cute. Hey put some music on, that I'll like," I added on to the end. Colson connected his phone to the speaker and played at song, it was kind of slow and sad "I meant a happy song, one that I can dance to,"
"Oh you wanna dance do you?" He asked. I nodded "Well this should be good,"
An upbeat pop song started to come out of the speaker. I summoned Colson to come dance with me and before I knew it we were giggling and smiling as we danced and spun around the kitchen. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into him for a hug from behind but I spun around and kissed him instead. The best thing was I could feel him smiling as he kissed me.