Date night

I was all smiley and happy when I got back to the house; and Colson picked up on it.
"Dev what did you do at that lunch that's made you so happy?"
"Literally just ate my food and came back here. I'm just happy,"
"Devooon. I wanna know," Colson whined
I couldn't hold it in any longer "Conor told me who promises was about,"
"Damn I wanted to tell you the day you left! That's why you're so happy?"
I nodded "You make me very, very happy," I replied as I wrapped my arms around his neck
A small smile spread across his face, I loved it when he smiled "Oh do I now?" I nodded again "Well this will make you happier. Since this is the last night without Casie, I think me and you should go out for dinner, some place really nice. And then come home and watch some Netflix; or something," He explained. I was so down for it.
"Sounds perfect. Where do you want to go?" I asked him
"There's this really good Italian place a half hour away. I'll call and make us a reservation," Colson said
"Okay. I love you," I said. Colson turned around, told me he loved me and kissed me. I draped my arms over his shoulders and placed them on the back of his head when it started getting more passionate. He briefly broke the kiss to tell me to jump. I obeyed him, and he carried me into the next room, where he slammed me against the wall and made out with me. I tugged at the hem of his t shirt, signalling for him to take it off. He broke the kiss again "Save it for tonight," I looked at him, he just smiled at me and let go of my legs.

It was a couple hours later, and I was getting ready to go out. I'd just finished my hair and makeup, and had changed into some red lingerie that I was going to wear under my dress, a deep red bodycon midi dress. Colson walked into my room when I was standing by the wardrobe.
"Well hello," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist and spinning me around so I was facing him "You look hot," he said before kissing my forehead "Very hot," he added as he made his way down to my neck. An idea came into my head to get him back for earlier "Save it for after dinner," I said. His face instantly fell "Think of it as something to look forward to," I told him. Colson plopped down on the bed and watched me change.
"You know, I prefer it when I'm watching you get undressed,"
"Yeah well I still get you horny either way," I retorted as I slipped the dress on
"I know that. I don't even want to go out for dinner now, I just want to stay in and do something else instead," Colson told me
"When we get back. Come on we've got reservations then we'll come home and do what you want to do. And we've got almost all of tomorrow as well,"
"And then when Casie comes back we just gotta be quieter," He added
"Yep. We've got it all worked out. And then my last week here is just us,"
"It's going to be great,"
I nodded, and gave him a hug. I loved him.

The food was amazing. And the restaurant was so beautiful. We had outdoor seating which were beautifully candlelit; it was so romantic. I ordered pasta and Colson got pizza.
"Wow we can't be anymore basic and American than this," I said to him after we'd ordered
"I know, but it's fine Italian cuisine, you know? It's so weird, when I'm in the states I'll want food that's not American, but when I'm on tour me and the boys literally do anything for a chipotle or a Wendy's," Colson explained
"You've been to so many countries, it's actually insane. You're getting paid to travel the world and do your passion every night, do you realise how lucky you are?"
"Yeah, course I do and I appreciate it so much. But it's like when is it going to slow down, the whole lifestyle. I'll go for months without seeing my kid, and fuck up my liver and my lungs and everything when I'm on your because it just comes with it. And it's fun, don't get me wrong it's the best fucking time, but sometimes I think 'dude you need to chill on the substances because you might not get to see Casie again'. That's the scariest thing, the thought of not taking Cas to her first dance, or her first boyfriend. Or seeing her graduate. That scares the shit outta me. And because I don't want her to see me like this, high and drunk. I want her to look at her dad and think that I'm the coolest dad in the class, not that I'm a shitty parent that leaves her with other people for months at a time," Colson explained to me.
I took his hand in mine "You're not a shitty parent. Colson you should see the way she looks at you; there's no one in the world she thinks more highly of than you. You guys are literally best friends and I hope that one day I'm as close with my kid as you are with her. Trust me, you're doing everything perfectly,"
"I will cheers to that," he said, holding up his wine glass with his free hand
"Me too," I said. I couldn't have imagined a better date night.