break up pt. 2

a s h t o n

you walk into the small and quirky café, swallowing harshly at the constant reminder of what happened almost two months ago. you had stayed far away from the café for a long time until your best friend told you that it might help that you started going back there, almost as if a sort of closure therapy for you.

you walked up to the counter to go order your usual coffee. the barista broke out into a huge grin when she saw you.

"hey stranger! haven't seen you for so long, what happened there? did you find another café?" she smirked and you laughed lightly, shaking your head.

"i've been out of town," you lied and she nodded, already writing your usual order for you and giving you a regular's discount. you smiled and walked over to a booth in the far corner of the café, flipping through a magazine. you half read the articles, not really paying attention and not finding anything very interesting.

your coffee was placed on the table and you smiled down at it, the familiar scent making you already feel warm inside. this place always brought memories - some better than others - and you couldn't help but feel as if you were at home in that booth at that café.

"thanks," you looked up to thank the waiter but had a mini heart attack when you saw ashton smiling down at you. you felt the giddy feeling leave your body immediately and your heart started pumping rapidly in your chest. "ashton?" you asked, as if he actually weren't standing in front of you and it was just a figure of your imagination.

"hi," he said quietly, sitting down across from you in the booth. you wanted to give him a snarky look for sitting there without invitation but you were practically frozen in your seat, not being able to process a lot of thoughts.

"your tour?" you asked, sounding like a mesmerized child looking at something shiny and being confused of its whereabouts and what it was. he chuckled quietly.

"we have a week break so i came back here," he explained and you nodded slightly, still too stunned to really have a proper conversation with him. you hadn't seen him ever since the day he broke up with you at the café and that had been two months ago. you had no contact with him either, no idea of where he was or what he was doing.

"how'd you know i'd be here?" you asked and he smiled, giving a one shouldered shrug.

"lucky guess," he said and you nodded. "so how have you been?" he asked, his eyes searching yours for an honest answer that you weren't prepared to give. i've been absolutely shit, thanks for asking. i haven't stopped thinking about you and everything just feels weird and as if nothing actually matters anymore, you think whilst swallowing harshly.

"fine, thanks," you lied with a tight lipped smile. "what about you?" you ask, biting down on your lip slightly. he laughs but it isn't humorous, almost a sad laugh, as if he were to say, 'do you really want to know?

"honestly?" he asks you and you give a small shrug and nod. "it's been so bad, (y/n). you're literallyall i can think about and i haven't been the same, it's driving the other guys mad. i miss you so much, i didn't think it would be like this," he said, his expression sad and tired looking and your expression softened.

"but you said you thou-" you started but he shook his head, cutting you off.

"well i thought wrong, didn't i? i was stupid to leave you and stupid to think that it wouldn't work out. (y/n), i know i said it would be painful to be apart if we were together and that we would miss each other too much and it wouldn't be the same but i'd rather go through all that knowing that i have you to come home to at the end and have you to hold in my arms then go through it alone," ashton reached over, grabbing on to your hand slightly as you gulped, your stomach bursting into butterflies.