86- first time your child hears a 5sos song

a s h t o n

"Mummy, what's this?" Your seven year old daughter questions, holding up an old 5 Seconds of Summer CD. "Oh my goodness where did you find that? Ash! Come here." You smiled as you took the CD from your daughter. "What is it hun?" Ashton asked as he strolled into your master bedroom. "Remember this old thing? Your self titled album..how creative." You giggled as he gave you the evil eye. Your daughter was always too young to understand any of the words to their songs so you never really played their music in the house unless Ashton had a new demo or something. "Can I hear a song?" You daughter pleaded to Ashton, knowing he would say yes to her in a heartbeat. "Of course, how about She Looks So Perfect? That was mummy's favourite." He smirked up at you. He played the whole song and you obviously couldn't help but giggle at your daughters face when she heard Uncle Luke sing about underwear. She definitely wanted to have a word with him next time she saw him.

c a l u m

When your baby boy was born you and Calum would always play/sing Amnesia to him because it was both yours, and Calum's favourite 5SOS song. One day when your son was just about nine years old he heard you humming the tune to the song out of nowhere. "Mum? What song are you singing?" Your son asked, recognizing the tune. "Oh it's an old song, one of my favourites actually." You smiled at your son, then looked over at your husband who was eating lunch in the kitchen. "I feel like I've heard that before. In a movie? A tv show?" Your son pondered on about it, thinking way too hard for a nine year old. "Really? Your mum and I used to always sing it to you when you were a baby. That's funny how he remembers it huh?" Calum said as he stood behind you. "Can I hear the actual song? Do you have it somewhere?" Your son eagerly asked. "Why would you want the actual song when I can perform it live?" Calum smirked. "Okay there rock star, get the kid a copy of the song to listen to." You smirked as you lightly shoved Calum over to the computer.

m i c h a e l

You and Michael had a couple of kids and were prepared for every kind of question that would ever be asked, but one day your eleven year old daughter had a new kind of question. "Daddy? Mummy? Can I ask you something about daddy's band?" Your daughter said at the dinner table. "What's up, baby?" Michael asked, finishing the food on his plate. "Well I found some old songs on the internet of dad's and everyone at school is asking me about a specific song..it's called good girls or something? What does that song mean?" You daughter quickly questions. "Oh my god." Michael whispered. "That is such an old song. You know your father wrote that song when he was seventeen. He was so young and handsome back then." You gushed. "Back then? What about right now?" Michael teased. "That too. Just tell your friends that they need to do their homework or else they will get in trouble." You suggested, looking over at a satisfied Michael. "But what about when Uncle Luke says shes with her boyfriend? She's not reading books? What does that mean?" Your daughter continues to question. "How about next time you see him you ask him?" Michael says. "Yeah but you wrote the so-" Your daughter interrupts. "But Uncle Luke sang it. Just ask him." Michael finishes, flashing a smile at you.

l u k e

Your husband always insisted on you bringing your son to a concert of his so that he could see what his dad does when he has to go away all the time, but you always argued that because he was five he was too little and it would be too loud. One strange night, Luke convinced you to bring him and stand backstage with his cute over-sized headphones on. The band opened with their old song Don't Stop and your son loved it the most. After the show Luke was all sweaty and tired but still wanted to talk to you and your baby boy about the show at the hotel. "So?" Luke asked, "how was it?" "It was great. What was your favourite song buddy?" You asked your son who was smiling because he was with his dad again. "Don't Stop. Doing what you're doing." Your son sang quietly, he didn't quite know the words but he liked the tune. "Know it, know it, know it." He giggled as he sang. "How are you so extremely adorable?!" Luke smiled as he scooped up his precious boy and gave him tons of kisses. "I can't wait to teach you how to play that when you're a little bit bigger than the guitar." Luke smiled as he looked over at you and winked.