Untitled Part 1

Our first meeting was normal.

That was a given, being that I was raised in a normal family of four. And so was he, we were both living a normal childhood when we first met. That was from a child's point of view.

I wondered why though, since it was completely normal. That fact made me wonder now how I remember it so detailed. Another fact was that, our first meeting was one-sided. I saw him but he did not see me.

I stood on the porch of my grandmother's two-storey house, playing a game a normal child would with her equally normal cousins. It just happened that he passed by, wearing a red shirt and blue shorts. It should have been a given that he was walking while holding the adult's hand, however, he isn't. He remained walking beside two adults, keeping his face blank while watching straight ahead.

Of course, I didn't fall in love on first sight.

It would be absurd for a six-year-old to feel those kind of emotions.

To my surprise, I had found out that we went to the same school, in the same grade level, but in different classes. It was in the middle of August that he first met me. At the same time, it was my second time meeting him.

For two years, we remained as acquaintances, people that knew each other, people that occasionally talk to each other.

It changed in second grade, since I was assigned on a seat next to him. That's when it grew from acquaintances to seatmates, then to friends.

That's when I realized that he was different. Given with my eight-year-old vocabulary, I labelled him as a horrible person. Now that my word terminology has grown, the word sadistic would be a perfect description. A sadist, a person who enjoys seeing others pain; that was what he was. It was apparent with how he enjoys seeing my reactions by teasing, or inflicting physical pain (like pinching or pulling my hair).

Thinking back at it, I realized that he didn't grow in a normal household. Words that I didn't recognize before came to me, words that I now recognize, words that now sent me a feeling of irritation and fluster. I can't help but let out a "oh" upon realizing his intention when he pinned me to a wall with a growing smirk in his face.

Let's fast-forward to fourth-grade, the time I realized I had a growing crush to the said male. Until now, I would wonder how my feelings came to be with this sadistic raven-haired male that was shorter than I am (though I can tell that our height difference didn't last long). I can say that he had his good-side, which was likely the reason for my attraction towards him. He doesn't keep secrets, he was open, and he can read the atmosphere. Those were apparently the good points I can point out, excluding his good looks.

Sadly, in our last year together, a misunderstanding between us grew. It was probably the time I grew to realize what type of person he exactly was, playing with a person's emotion for his own amusement. Just then, I started to ponder on what I can call our relationship was.

That was since he knew how I felt but I didn't know his.

I enjoyed his words and actions but never knew what they exactly meant.

It was an untitled relationship I was never able to confirm.

~~~~~~~

I sat in the middle of the living room area of a good friend of mine, a person I had known for years. He was honestly one of the few people that I grew to trust, a trust not simply earned, a trust earned through a number of years.

I sat still in my school uniform, waiting for him to come back after greeting someone from his front door. He was honestly taking quite a while that I grew bored and lost focus on my surroundings then started letting my thoughts fly about – something I would commonly do in the middle of class.