Chapter 6

I have always kept lying to a minimal, for I knew the consequences it would result to. Although, unexpectedly, lying seemed to be one of the few things I can efficiently do above average than what others can.

It had its perks. However, it had its drawbacks as well. Everything does.

And, I knew I regretted doing the wrong thing in the wrong situation.

As I was kept busy by the used dishes on the kitchen sink, rinsing the leftover food from the plate, a pair of slender arms wrapped around my waist in a rather startling way for me. Facing the culprit of the cliché attack, I sent him a frown, completely not appreciating his actions.

"Good morning to you, too, (Y/N)-chan." Izaya's usually velvety voice was noticeably groggy and hoarse, which made me conclude that the raven head had just woken up. "You shouldn't make a face like that so early in the morning – especially since your already not-really-attractive face is turning less attractive."

"I'll have you know that it's already past 8:30. I wouldn't refer to that as early in the morning." I stated, deciding not to retort to his last comment no matter how much I wanted to. "And could you please get your arms off of me. I haven't finished washing the dishes."

"Do you want me to help?" The informant sent me an endearing half-smile which could send any woman swooning. I would be swooning right now, too, if I wasn't annoyed by his very existence. "You ignored the last part of my comment so I decided to ignore yours as well. It sounds fair, doesn't it, (Y/N)-chan?"

If I knew he would be acting like this afterwards, I wouldn't have told him he was the father.

"If that would make you stop holding me, I'll gladly." I heaved out a sigh. Izaya lets out a chuckle from my response, his arms slithering slowly away from my waist. The information broker then stationed himself beside me, pouring dishwashing liquid on a clean sponge then scrubbing it on the rinsed plates.

At that second, the calm flowing of the water from the faucet, the quiet ticking of the clock, and the small clang of the dishes were the only noises resonating throughout the whole house.

I was honestly fond of that moment as I had always preferred things to be this way –serene. However, I knew from the very beginning that I shouldn't keep my hopes up that I would be enjoying this situation for too long, since I was aware from the very start that I couldn't enjoy anything forever.

"(Y/N)-chan," To my displeasure, Izaya decided to break off the calm atmosphere. Perhaps he preferred staying in a suffocating atmosphere rather than the opposite. Honestly, it seemed in character for him. "I haven't seen Reira-kun from the moment I woke up. Where is he?"

Mentioning the line the moment he woke up meant it wasn't even too long since he last saw him. I felt somehow annoyed by how imprudent his question was. Or, perhaps, Izaya was able to sense the tension between the both of us since yesterday. It was a possibility that I was feeling an uncalled-for irritation for the male since I was quite aware of his intentions.

"He's out for work, like the usual. I know you don't lack common sense, Izaya." I grumbled out, wiping my hands with a clean cloth as I had finished my kitchen duties. "And I'll have you know that I don't appreciate your effort to rile me up."

"Now I wonder what you're talking about now~." Izaya sang childishly. Seeing his maroon brown orbs gleaming with malice, I gave him one blank stare before proceeding to leave the kitchen. It was easy to tell that he was playing innocent. I could prove that with what his next line was. "Could it be that there's something wrong between the two of you~?"

"Enough, Izaya. I have no time for your wordplays." Unable to keep my temper in check, I raised my voice at him. Realizing my foolish action of giving in to what the manipulative male wants, I breathed out a deep sigh, running my hands though my hair. "Just leave me alone, goddamit."