Chapter 15

It may have been odd, how my reaction towards Toda Nitoshi had changed significantly. I went from acting quite timid around him, fearing any sort of contact with the raven-haired man, to treating him with a feeling quite similar to dislike but not exactly as it is, speaking to him with indignant gestures present from my person. Some of you may have noticed that fact, but possibly not as well. But, in honesty, I could hardly feel concerned of what your opinion may be. I'm just narrating here after all.

I can feel my butt falling asleep. The thought came to me in a rather irritated manner, feeling quite restless for having been stuck in this circle for hours. I can't help but feel drowsy, my mind flying off to the smooth linen sheets of the soft mattress the hotel has to offer. This is another reason why I wasn't too keen with joining this kind of activities.

The crashing sounds of the waves almost sounded lulling to me, tempting me to just lean my head on my childhood friend's shoulder and drool on his newly bought shirt. I admittedly think of that as a good idea. Eyelids heavy, I gazed emptily as our ex-teacher had fished out another of our old notes, a number of my former classmates leaning in as they seemed quite interested. I guess people just love digging into some things just for the sake of gossips.

"Let's see..." Upon her eyes had finished scanning the contents of the message, a visible frown had tugged down on her lips. Though I was feeling a tad somnolent, this had piqued my attention. After all those previous letters, as bad as some of them were for us, she seemed to enjoy the extra spice. "(Y/N) and Fukao,

"you're both idiots."

The occurring drowsiness seemed to have vanished after Haburi-sensei's statement, disappearing like my wallet in a crowded street. I would be lying if such statement wouldn't offend me and Reira, switching gazes with the said male, our visage showed the same expression – eyebrows knitted together with confusion reflecting in our eyes.

It was quite disappointing, honestly, learning that someone happened to have harboured ill feelings towards us. I wouldn't be much surprised if it were directed only to me – after all, I treated everyone quite blandly, shutting them down immediately to form any sort of bond with my curt, blunt replies. Reira, however, he went along swimmingly with the whole class just after a couple of months – he's well-liked.

We have to admit that we did not know how react from the abrupt declaration of dislike. It was a silent message Reira and I had conveyed with each other with our mere eye contact. I would much prefer to pretend that the letter never existed, hoping to avoid any sort of probing and confrontation – I was never fond of the sort. On the other hand, it is highly likely that my dark-chocolate haired friend wouldn't agree. After what happened earlier with Kawai-san, I doubt he'd let this one slide – especially with himself involved.

"Boy, whoever wrote that sure have some guts." Ramisu commented jokingly, earning him the attention of the whole circle as he releases a small chuckle from his lips, breaking the thin ice in this cool, summer night. "I mean, whoever this is, they just called our class's brightest students idiots. You must be on the same level as Einstein then."

As he guffawed loudly at his rude yet truth-spoken comment, the spiky-haired male receives a few dry chuckles and smiles from others. Although it was a pretty bad joke, I suppose we appreciate his effort to lighten up the mood a bit. And, well, he was stating facts, honestly speaking.

"Jokes aside, I have a pretty good idea on who's our little culprit." Ramisu stated audaciously, a sickening smile plastered upon his pink lips. I have seen this side of him before as he was always tailing Reira wherever he is, self-proclaiming how he is Reira's best friend. Am I a joke to you?