Chapter 9

I can proudly say that, for the two years I have been living in this small town, going back and forth to different places through either mine or Reira's car, I have memorized for how long it would take to come and go for almost every place we had been through in the span of two years. Hard to understand, I know, but bear with me.

Take going to Reira's clinic for example; the ride there would take an hour by car. I can assure you that. Another example would be the nearest water station, where we get our drinking water when the season of summer finally starts; it would take forty-five minutes to reach the place.

Supposing that it would take twenty to thirty minutes to order five jugs of water and carry them to the trunk of your car, you could drive to and back to our house in one hour and fifty minutes tops.

With that in mind, I gave Izaya a questioning look as he entered the house, crossing my arms as I frowned at his idyllic smiling face. To briefly explain the situation, I had ordered him to collect a few jugs of drinking water for us as there's currently an outage of water from the faucet. Although I wasn't too keen on letting him use my car since I wasn't too sure if he could drive, we still needed water – especially because of the hot season.

"There you go, frowning again, (Y/N)-chan." He commented, raising his arms up defensively. "Why do you look at me like I'm always out to do something wrong? It hurts my heart honestly~." His tone was smooth, velvety as ever. Perhaps he uses his cunning, mesmerizing vocals every time he attempts to sweet-talk his way out of almost every predicament there is. Sadly, it doesn't work on me.

"Because you are the type to disappear in the middle of the night to hide a dead body." I replied bluntly, receiving a series of chuckles from Izaya's lips. "So? You sure took quite a while. I was sure you wouldn't take more than two hours to come back."

"Could you be perhaps worried then?" The pale raven-head inquired, the words rolling smoothly on his tongue as he attempted to faze me. But, I wasn't too pleased seeing him show his rude habit of answering questions with another one. "Although you look so unhappy right now, I have to tell you that I did what you asked me to. The jugs of water are inside the car trunk."

"Yeah, I wouldn't feed you for a week if they aren't." I shot him a snarky reply, tapping my foot impatiently on the cold wooden floor. "Now, would you please answer my question?"

Instead of answering, not following what I kept telling him to do, Izaya reached out from inside his pocket. Curious on what he's up to now, I raised an eyebrow in question. It didn't take him a few moments to take out an item from his pocket before tossing it to my direction.

"You should really take care of your belongings better, (Y/N)-chan." Although his voice sounded apathetic, it was easy to sense the mockery in his voice. "I wouldn't be too surprised when I see your underwear lying carelessly on the floor."

Displeased by his indecent comment, I shot him a defiant stare. Not only was that the reason for my deepening glower, but also the fact that the item he has tossed to my direction was none other than my phone. Luckily, my hands weren't in the mood to be clumsy as I caught it steadily.

"What were your doing with my phone?" My disapproval on using my private things without my consent started to show with the scowl on my lips tugging lower.

"Oh, I wonder now~?" Izaya sang the words out in a melodious tune, although he has such mesmerizing vocals, I found it provoking. "I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt –was it?"

Deciding that it would be useless to pry more when it came to an enigmatic man such as Orihara Izaya, I sighed, ending my feeble attempt to have a proper conversation with him."You're a difficult person to deal with and you know that."