Chapter 1

I can never say that I've met great decisions in my life. However, I can name at least three choices that I never regretted. The first one was having Kishitani Shinra teach me how to be an actual doctor, instead of having to spend ten years in college. It did have a setback though, since being an underground doctor, I wasn't allowed to work in a real hospital. But, one of its greatest cons was that I was able to support my own at the age of eighteen.

The second one was indeed the greatest decision I have made in my whole life, leaving the city called Ikebukuro and staying at a small town far away from eccentric city. By doing that, I was able to bring back my normal life and leave my nonstandard one at the city, where I met the most atypical people. I have been living in peace for two years, living normally for two years, like how I wanted. I was slowly forgetting him, like how I wanted.

The third one was definitely the root of how I was able to make these great choices in life, deciding to finally lean on Reira's shoulder. Even though he was still studying for veterinary at that time, he has offered me his hand to bring me to this serene place. Even though it has brought him inconveniences to join me in the small town, given that Ikebukuro was a great distance away, he still stayed beside me through out everything. Yes, he would come home tired after going to a well-endowed University in Ikebukuro to finish his studies, but that came to an end just recently to our great relief with the help of him taking extra classes to shorten his stay at college.

These three decisions were the best I've made, so it would never occur to me that the first two would wash me with regret after a span of two years.

Currently standing in front of me was a man in black tattered clothing and an extremely wounded body. A bald man older than him carried him with the help of a young lady with an oddly styled hair, the terribly familiar male's arms held by the two uninjured individuals, draping them over their shoulders. With the help of the two of them, the almost dying male was kept in an upright position.

"Long time no see... (Y/N)-chan..." Izaya coughed out, blood coming out of his mouth and staining the wooden floor. Seeing him conscious, well barely, was surprising given his injuries. But, he is a man I could never underestimate from the moment I've met him.

I had the urge to slam the front door in his face, but taking in the fact that he had two people with him – people I've never met before – I sadly cannot do that and let this man die in a ditch somewhere, even though he was someone I as avoiding at all costs after departing from Ikebukuro.

Knowing that giving a patient the cold shoulder in front of these two strangers would give them suspicion about my relationship with Izaya, I gave them access to enter the house with a heavy heart.

"Come in..." I sighed, disappointed that I can't just ignore the wounded male to die. I saw the older man carrying him glance around the house, as if asking where he shall put Izaya. I would like to point at the compost pit outside but that would be rather rude of me. Instead, I lead them inside an empty room and asked the bald man and the young lady to lay Izaya on the empty bed.

Izaya lets out a low grunt as he was placed on the bed and breathes a sigh of relief when he felt the comfortable white sheets he was laying on. I then proceeded to taking out a lot of necessary medical materials in order to help this poor man.

The information broker's two companions waited patiently inside the room as I treated Izaya with my utmost best, which was honestly disappointing since I was planning on dumping his body with the rats upon their leave. It took me quite a while before I was able to finish successfully fixing up his in-state-of-death body, which was rather sad since he didn't end up dying in the middle of the operation. He did pass out though which was... understandable.