Chapter 1

Ughhhhh, I hate mornings. But at least it's Friday no school tomorrow! "We still have training tomorrow." My wolf chims in, rolling my eyes I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom. It is currently 5:30 in the morning and school starts at 7 so I have a hour and a half to get ready and get to school.
    After my shower, I get dressed in (outfit up top) Auburn slightly see through tank top, black skinny jeans, my leather belt with silver studs and silver handcuffs in front. Matched with a leather bracelet with silver studs and a silver clip, leather fingerless gloves, a silver cross with a silver gold chain and boots. Doing my make up I do dark on the eyeshadow and dark red matte lipstick. (I don't know how to describe make up... I'm sorry?) Putting my dark black hair into tight curls.
    I grab my backpack and the keys to my pick up along with a apple and go outside. I have 10 minutes to get to school. It's only a 5 minute drive so it's no biggy. I probably shouldn't have took so long on my hair though.

    Stepping out of my truck, I get the occasional nod upon entering the school. I'm not exactly popular, but I'm not a outsider either. I know everyone in the pack and get along with most, but consider none my friend. Since my parents death 11 years ago, I haven't been the best at making friends. But I am nice.
     A few feet away from my classroom, a hard shoulder knocks into mine, making me stumble. "Watch where you're going bitch." Alpha Andrew sneers. He's not actually alpha yet. But he will be next year. Instead of answering I just nod my head and wait for him to leave. Which he thankfully does. Him and his beta Mac are the only ones I let get away with bullying. And the only reason is because I don't want to be banished to become rogue. Which will surely happen seeing as it would be seen as me challenging them.
     I walk into class and take my self assigned seat in the third row near the window. Andrew and Mac normally sit in the back of the class and throw paper balls at every one. But no one says a thing. If his father, Alpha Jacob, knew about his antics they would be stopped immediately. But I think everyone has gotten used to him by now.
    Time ticked by as the teacher drew on, and paper balls flew through the air. I chuckled to myself as one girl opened the window as Andrew threw another paper balls at her. Then anger radiated through the room, making everyone cower in fear, including me. He ran in werewolf speed to the girl and threw her against the wall by her throat. "Disrespect will not be tolerated." He growled. And anger began to boil up inside me. I watched the slight movement of his hands as he squeezed her throat tighter.
     Without thinking I rushed towards them knocking his hand down, releasing her. She gasped for air behind me as the rest of the class gasped in surprise. "Excuse me." He growled. "Alpha Andrew I have let the bullying go, but I will not let you kill a pack member for something as stupid as opening the window for your paper balls to fly through.
    He growled and lunged at me but I didn't move. I stood my ground. His body collided with mine, pushing me back several feet, mere inches away from the girl slowly regaining her breath. Using his Alpha strength Andrew pushed me back into the wall just as Trinity pulled the girl out of the way.
   His hand squeezing my throat as I zoned out. Not thinking of the lack of air or the pain. "Alpha Andrew don't do this." I huffed out. Doing my best to not growl at the wolf holding my throat. "You will pay for the disrespect." He growled. And I closed my eyes. "Then so be it. Pick your punishment." I said. I could almost feel the smirk on his face. "10 lashing in the center of town." He smirked, letting me go. Landing on my feet perfectly, I nodded. "Tonight at 3." He finished. "I'll see you there." I responded then left as the bell rang. The rest of school went by quietly. Everyone giving me worried and apologetic looks. But I felt no regret. That girl did not deserve his rage. She did nothing wrong. He just had anger issues. I knew the news had spread, this wouldn't be the first time I got lashing in the center of town. And I'm sure it won't be the last. Yet all of the lashings had one thing in common... Alpha Jacob was never in sight.
   Normally he would stay at his office building on the edge of town till 5, which is why Andrew always picked 3. So his father wouldn't be there to stop him.

     As the last bell rang, I grabbed my bag and left the school. 2:30. 30 minutes till the lashings. Everyone except Alpha Jacob and his beta Harry would be there. Watching.
    Driving to the center of town took 15 minutes, going into a nearby cafe I ordered a steak dinner to go. Giving me a sad smile she rung me up and put my order in. "It should be done in 35 minutes Hun." Ms. Cross says and I smile. "Perfect timing as always." I complement leaning over the counter and kissing her cheek. She just smiled and waved me out. The food would actually be done in 15, then it's sit for 15 while the lashings took place, and take 5 minutes to heat up.
      I walked out of the cafe and to the exact center of town where a post sat. Andrew and Mac walked up minutes later. Mac laced the chains that would be put around my wrist, through the small holes in the pole.
     When he finished, he stepped back behind Andrew, who was smirking. Whip in hand, he watched me take my now T-shirt off, leaving me in a sports bra, that I had changed into last period. I walked to the pole and 2 warriors locked the chains in place never looking me in the eye.
        Soon after they stepped back, Andrew began the lashings. "One." I stayed boldly as the cold hard whip crashed against my back in a snap. "Two." The lashings began to burn, letting me know he had chose the one laced with silver. "Three." To any other wolf, the silver would have been damn near unbearable. "Four." But thanks to my parents having started injecting me with silver and me continuing the process. "Five." This is nothing but a itch. "Six. Seven." The small gasps in the crowd began to fade. What's happening? "Eight." I could hear loud thumping through the crowd. "Nine." "What is going on here?!" A voice I recognize as Alpha Jacob roars. "Ten." I finish as the whip lands against my back one last time. My legs beginning to wobble as the pain and silver affect my body. The warriors run to unchain me on Alpha Jacobs orders. "What the hell is this for?" He asks. "She disrespected me father. She deserved punishment." Andrew states proudly. But I could hear the slight hope in his voice. Hope that his father wouldn't ask what I did. But that hope was crushed in just seconds.
    "And what did Ms. Matthews do to deserve lashings?" Aloha Jacob asked. I began my slow walk to the cafe as Andrew nor Mac answered. "Mr. Hastings what did Ms. Matthews do?" He asked one of the students from class this morning. And he began stuttering. Probably looking back and forth between Alpha Jacob and Andrew. "She had stepped between Alpha Andrew and a girl during first period." He said. Almost to the cafe! I cheered inside my head. "Alpha Andrew w-was... He was holding the girl by her throat f-for.." he stuttered. Not being able to take it any longer I turned around. Starring right into the Alphas eyes so he would know i wasnt lying. Any other time I'd look at my feet. "He held her by her throat because she had opened the window allowing the paper balls Alpha Andrew threw to fly out. He took it as disrespect and I was not allowing him to hurt her for something that stupid." I said, feeling Andrew and Mac glare daggers at me. Alpha Jacob nodded, not meaning to allow me to leave but doing it in the process.
     I turned around, walking into the cafe, grabbed my steak dinner. Setting my food in my truck, I move to get in and almost fall. He added more silver. Taking a deep breath, I ready myself to get into my truck. But I'm stopped. "Ms. Matthews... I'll see you at your house in a few minutes." Alpha Jacob says. Turning I nod, then climb into my truck... Successfully.
   I drive home and lock my doors. Now time to wait till Alpha Jacob comes.