chapter 9

Alpha Andrew POV
1 YEAR LATER

"How the hell did someone get on pack land without us noticing?" I asked my second top warrior, Dustin. "We don't know Alpha. We checked everywhere and nothing seems out of place. It's as if they were never here. And honestly Alpha.. if we hadn't got their scent.. we would have never known." He tells me lowering his head. I let out a sigh, completely frustrated. "How did they get her without a fight?" I ask out loud, more to myself than anyone in the room.
"Son.. she'll be ok. She's tough." My dad insures me as he walks into my office. "I know dad.. I just have a weird feeling and I don't know what it is." I tell him. He nods and motions for me to follow him. "Where are we going?" I ask. "To look for clues... Maybe she left something behind." He gives a small smile and we walk towards Danny's house. "Dad have we found all the information that was took last year?" I say as we get closer to the house. "No.. it's like it vanished. My office at the pack house, and the office at HQ. And some that had kept in my bedside drawer. It's all still missing." He says, his face scrunching in confusion. I nod and go deep in thought.
Could this be the same people? Had they watched Danny while we were captured? and decided now was a good time to take her?
We finally reach her house, and stand on the porch. "It's clean. Everything is just the way she likes it." Dustin voices beside us. "Yeah... And has hardly been touched this last year. She's been so busy trying to find ways to up our security." I speak. "We never did get everything she's been working on. Maybe there is something in it that will help us." Dad says slightly happier.
I open the door and walk in, the weird feeling travels from my stomach to my chest.. what is this? I clutch my chest for a second, before walking further into the house. "Have you checked the entire house?" Dad asks Dustin. "All but one Alpha Jacob." Confusion covers my features, "why didn't you check the last room?" I ask slowly becoming furious. "B-because it's l-l-locked A-alpha." He stutters looking at the ground. "And you couldn't open it." I say in a low growl. I watch as he gulps and shakes in fear. "It.. it's a different kind of lock Alpha. We don't know the answer and it has to many locks to break it down." He tells me. "Show me." I growl. I follow behind as he slowly gains his confidence back. "Danny sure is rubbing off on them." My wolf whispers. "What's wrong with you? You've been acting funny since this morning." I ask him, but I get no answer. I look ahead and see the door at the end of the hall. With each step, I get more anxious. My nerves feel like their jumping all over the place. I place my hand on the cold metal door... "Metal?" I knock on the door, and sure enough.. it's metal instead of wood. "Why does she have a metal door?" I ask myself out loud. I turn the knob and a panel opens. A small keyboard appears with a hint? above it.
Drew's nickname for me
"Easy.. Danny"
Another opens with a set of numbers.
My birthday
"October 31st." I whisper to myself as I put it in. A small question appears a few inches away.
The day I lost the 3 most important people in my life
"When did she lose 3 people? The only people she's lost that I know of.. is her parents. But that's just 2." I say in confusion, stepping away from the door.
Silence..
"She lost you that day too." Dad whispers. "What? No she's didn't. I'm still here. I didn't die dad." I say in a duh tone. "They don't have to die for you to lose them." Lost deep in thought, I mindlessly plug in the numbers.. 0809..
A click is audible, and I slowly open the door. I'm hit with her scent. Something inside me falling into place as I whisper, "mate." Dad and Dustin gasp. "So y'all are mates.. you acted like y'all knew when you were younger." Dad smiles.
I smile, walking down the stairs into the basement. Her scent is obnoxiously strong. "She must have spent a lot of time down here.. it's as if her scent is engraved in the walls and floors." Dustin says looking around.
I nod in agreement and quickly walk to the several tables against the far wall. "Strategic plans for the borders... Training techniques.. "invisible" storage units for weapons or food, water and clothes. She was almost finished with it all." Dad says reading the scribbles on the paper. "She even wanted walls to help protect our people." Dustin says. I lean against the wall and slowly slide down. "We are no longer missing just a pack member... But the Luna." I groan. The feeling of her being gone already setting in, and I haven't even had the chance to actually have her. "I want her back." My wold whimpers. "I know bud.. I do too."
"Then let's keep looking. Look harder. Ask allies for help. We will do everything we can to get her back." Dad says with authority. "You're right." I look up determination filling me. I see a light blue light coming from under a door. "Why is there a door under the stairs?"