chapter 10

I slowly walk to the door and try to open it.. but it won't budge. There isn't a lock in sight but it won't move. The handle is stuck, and the door seems to be bolted to the walls, floor, and ceiling. "What do you think is in there?" Dustin asks. "Honestly.. I don't know, with Danny it could be anything. I mean the rest of the place is like a bunker, so anything could be in the room." Dad says, while stair at the door. "If it won't open, and we can't knock it down.. then we will go through it. Find me a welder.. we are getting through this door." I order. I then walk out the basement and to the pack house. A few minutes later, the welder shows up and begins his work on the door. "We should get some answers soon." Dad tells me hugging mom. A piece of my heart feels as if it's tearing off at the sight. "I wish we could hold mate like that." My wolf whimpers. Sadness fills my eyes, I do too.
    Lost in paperwork, I didn't notice how much time had passed. It's been 2 hours, let's see the progress. I walk out my office, through the pack house, across pack lands, and to Danny's house. I go down the steps of the basement, and see the welder working on the door. "What's the progress?" I ask. He stops his work and huffs. "None.. it won't break. It's a special kind of metal, tungsten to be exact. It has a extremely high melting point that my torch can't get too. I am of no use to you." He explains. I begin to get angry. I waisted time and now it will take longer to get in. Glaring at him, I knock over a glass off water. My angry simmers down as I look at the glass. "It's fine.. it's not your fault. She has her reasons for not letting us in as easy." I tell him, dismissing him. He leaves and I follow. Leaving the glass on the floor. "what's the progress ? Are we in?" Dad asks with Dustin beside him. "No. His blow torch wasn't hot enough to get through. Said she used a special kind of metal than a normal metal door." I tell them slightly dejected.
     "I'm gonna go back later and see what I can figure out. She must have left some kind of clue of something for us. She wouldn't just lock it. Also I broke a glass and didn't clean it up." I say, going back to my room.
      Once in my room I sit on my bed, face the door. I remember last year when Danny had came home.

    It had been hours since we got back. Danny had left stew on the stove for us, but I didn't feel like eating.. not when she was still with those assholes. I had sat in my room for a hour, just waiting.. out of the sight of the pack members. I looked up, remembering my message to apologize to Rebecca and Danny. And I saw a note beside mine. "Forgiven -Danny" I hadn't called her Danny in years. So when I saw it.. I started crying. The fear that she would never make it back crawled through me.
    I wish I could go back, and take all the horrible things I had done away.. starting the first time I called her weak. I should of had that warrior punished instead of Danny. I shouldn't have whipped her, she was only doing the right thing. I had took a path that I wasn't supposed to, and she was just trying to get me back on the right one.
   I sat there and cried, I don't know how long I just sat there. Letting all my tears out. Fear began to consume me. Then I heard someone speak. "Drew?" They called out. I looked up through my teary eyes, and in front of me.. was Danny. I stood up, opening my arms. And she ran into them. Twirling her around, just like I used to when we were little. Breathing in her beautiful honey and roses scent.

     From then on.. she smiled more. Mostly at me. I don't know why, maybe she was happy we all made it back? Or that we patched things up.
    I remember a month after we all got back, we we're having a pack day. We laid out blankets in the field, set up BBQs and the women helped make sides.. cause let's be honest, us men.. have no clue how to make half the shit they did.  We took out games like volleyball, soccer, football, beanbag toss, tennis. The kids had bubbles, teens played their own games, adults played theirs. We did teens vs adults. We had so much fun. When we were tossing around the football before food... She had ran up behind me and jumped on my back, almost making me fall over. The ball had hit her in the head, but she acted as if it didn't matter. She just laughed and made me carry her round.
      "Noooo don't put me down!! The ground is all cold!" She whined. "Then put on shoes." I chuckled. She huffed and got down. "But I look cute without them." She pouted, walking away. Watching her walk away, I agreed. Her sundress looked better without shoes.

   "Son!" I snap my eyes open, mom stands in front of me. "You missed dinner. Come on, let's get you some food and to bed." She coos. "I was having a good dream mom." I whined. "Your smile gave that away.. it wouldn't have anything to do with your mate.. now would it?" She asked with a smirk as my checks grew red. "Dad told you?" "Yup! But don't worry, we will wait till you are ready to tell the pack." She smiles. "So what was the dream about?" She asked as we walk into the dark and empty kitchen. "The pack day we had, a monthish after we got back." I confessed while she opened the fridge. "Oh really? That was a amazing day, we should do more of those." She smiles. "Steak or stew?" She asks. "Stew please." I answer with a small smile. Thinking of the one Danny made. "Good choice Danielle made this the day before her disappearance." She tells me, a sad smile gracing her lips. "We'll get her back.. right son?" She asks me.. looking directly into my eyes. "Yes momma. I won't stop looking.. not till my very last breath." I confess.
     A hot bowl of stew is sat in front of me, and mom walks out with another sad smile. "Danny.. what is it you want with me? ... What are you trying to tell me?" I whisper into the darkness, while eating the stew. She's surrounding me. The dream, the stew, my bedroom, school, mom, dad..  it's like she wants me to know something.. but what is it?
     Deciding to sleep on it, I go to bed.