chapter 8

Danielle POV
       I grab my duffle bag and lay it on the table in front of me.
     "Snipper, check
Pistols, check
Combat knives, check
Machete, check
AR-15, check
AK-47, check
Extra ammo, check
Daggers, check
Scent mask, check" I whisper to myself as I load my duffle bag. I sling my duffle over my shoulders, and grab my snipper in hand. I have a belt of silver sniper ammo around my waist, and am wearing a black tank top, black bootcut jeans, black combat boots, with my hair tied up in a bun. I grab the 2 extra first-aid bags I packed and walk out the house. I break into a jog and make it a mile away from the camp in a hour. Time to start the fun.

     I climb into a tree with all my items.. very tricky and wish I didn't. And set up my snipper. I finally calming my nerves and anxiety, I look around the compound through my sights. 150 rogues. And 1 chief asshole.
     I take a deep breath and pick who to shoot first. Making sure my silencer is on, I take the first shot. 1 rogue down. A guard on the south border. 2 more shots and 2 more on the south down. I transfer to the north and shoot down 3. They begin shooting in directions they believe I'm at and I take this chance to survey the area better. I notice guards only guards one door. "That must be where they are being kept." My wolf states. I agree. I quietly make my way out of the tree, and silently run towards the camp. Spraying myself with the scent mask. Dustin is sooo going to hate me. I giggle in my head. I take out one of my 3 combat knives and a pistol.
      I make my way into the compound "souping" rogues as I go. (Who got that reference?) I reach the door that's being guarded and take out the guards with a slight fight. 2 on 1 is not the best idea.
      I break the lock with my knife and jog inside. My packs scent stronger than ever. A smile makes it's way to my face as the first pack member comes into sight. "Danielle!" They whisper yell, and everyone runs to the bars. "You came!" Someone whispers, "yes I did. Now let's get you out before someone comes looking." I whisper to them. I put away the pistol and combat knife, letting my claws grow to their full length. I postion myself right and run down the hall, cutting the locks off the cells. I go back to the front and Andrew is there. "Spray everyone with this. It will hide your scents. Then run home." I tell him handing him to scent mask and map. "Also here are some med bags. Fix yourselves up if needed." I tell him. He nods and Dustin comes to the front. "Not this shit again." He groans looking at the scent mask. I chuckle and smile at him. "It works, and you can take a shower when you get home." I tell him shaking my head. He groans but I can see a hint of a smile on his face.
    "I'm going to continue the fight. At least long enough for you to get far away from here." I say and turn towards the door. And someone stops me. Expecting it to be Andrew I turn around ready to tell him that I was staying end of discussion. But it wasn't Andrew.. but Alpha Jacob. "Come back to us." He tells me, looking into my eyes. "Always." With that I ran off. I found a tall building and set up to snip. A few minutes later, Andrew peaks his head out. And that's when I start. Snipping anyone who comes close.
     They finally reach the border of the compound, and that's when I hear someone yell. "There!" I look towards the sound and see someone pointing at me. I grab my snipper rifle, throwing it over my shoulder with my duffle and jump from building to building. I take pistols out of my bag and begin shooting as I ran. Out the corner of my eye I see Alpha Jacob having to pull Andrew away. I finally reach the ground and run along the shadows. "Be a ghost." My wolf chimes making me want to giggle.
     I am about to leave when I see chief asshole get into a truck with whom I'm guessing is the rogue leader dude. I shoot out a tire and reload. Shooting the rogues around them. I throw daggers at rogues moving to chase the pack, the temple each time. I lodge a combat knife in the arm of the rogue leader as he goes to get out of the car. I run to chief asshole.. what's his name again? I ask myself as I rip his head off. I strut to the rogue leader and yank my knife out.
    I move to strick but he dodges. Grabbing my arm, he makes me let go of the knife. I take another out and it's gone seconds later. I find it in my shoulder. I grit my teeth and punch the dummy. He falls on his ass and i waist no time putting a silver bullet in his head.
    "Damn asshole stabbed me." I pout. "I almost got out without a scratch." Turning around I I shoot any rogue in my sights. No longer get caring if I kinda them or who they are. No longer alive in my eyes. "Zombies?" My wolf asks with a grin. I smile and shake my head.
    "Time to go home." I tell myself. "It's been a hour and a half now.. they should have made it by now." My wolf informs. Right.. let's not keep them waiting.
    I break into a slow jog, making sure not to move my shoulder to much as it heals. Lucky for me, silver doesn't hurt or slow down my healing anymore. I follow the path home and reach it 2 hours later. Gosh I'm slow. I think with a eye roll. My shoulder is now healed fully and is fully operational. I walk onto pack land and a feeling of comfort washes over me. I walk through the empty woods, and into town. Still a ghost town. Did they make it. I ask myself. "Yes.. their scent it here. They might be at the pack house." My wolf informs. A little more at ease, I walk to the pack house. And sure enough.. they are all there. Some on the porch, most inside. All eating my stew. Yayyyyyy! I cheered in my head.
     One warrior looks up and our eyes meet. "She's home!" He yells, after a few moments. Everyone runs outside and I'm engulfed in hugs. 10 minutes go by and finally everyone had gave me a hug. God you'd think I'd died or something. "2 and a half hours.. where have you been young lady." Luna scolds me. "We thought you had died." Dustin says kicking around some rocks. "Nahhhhh those rogues didn't have the pleasure." I smile. Everyone laughs and I catch Alpha Jacobs eyes, he silently points up. Drew.. I jog upstairs and to his door. I hear silent crying on the other side. I decide to knock but stop myself. Memories of when we were 7 flow through my mind.
     So instead, I just open the door. Inside is a crying Andrew leaning against his bed on the floor. "Drew?" I call in a whisper. His head snaps up and we stare at each other.
     He stands up and I run to him. Catching me in his arms, drew spins me around. Breathing in my scent like he used to. If only he knew I had a crush on him when we were little. But I can't tell him that. Not while we both have potential mates out there somewhere.