SIX HOURS UNTIL DAWN

Kara wasn't sure how long she'd been laying on the floor of the Washington's Lodge

Kara wasn't sure how long she'd been laying on the floor of the Washington's Lodge. She cried herself to sleep, but she had only been asleep for seven minutes.

In that seven minutes, she didn't know that Josh had taken his mask off; crying at the state his girlfriend was in. He had thought this plan through; he wanted to see the looks on their faces when they realized it was all a prank, but he had never wanted to do anything to Kara. Kara looked freezing, as she was only in leggings and a hoodie; having taken the coat off to cuddle it; smell his scent one last time, but Josh couldn't do anything about it.

Kara woke up to Sam shouting. As far as she knew, she had been asleep for hours.

"This is really getting out of hand, okay? It was all very funny, ha ha, Sam walking around in a towel, but now I just really want this to be over." Kara sat up, still kind of out of it.

"Kara?" Sam asked, walking towards her. She was just in a white towel; Kara guessed that was what she was shouting at.

"Kara, what happened?" Sam asked, looking at her bloody leg, and distraught state. Sam helped Kara off of the floor, and pulled her into a hug. Kara cried on her shoulder.

"Something bad is here, Sam. Someone killed Josh. He's dead..." She sobbed. Sam's eyes widened. "Holy shit." She said, hugging Kara tighter. Kara and Sam pulled apart when the television turned on by itself. It only played static.

"I got it." Sam said, reaching up, and turning the television off.

"Why don't we go and find the others, yeah?" Sam suggested, and Kara nodded, following Sam. She could tell Sam wasn't exactly thrilled to be walking around in a towel, but she didn't say anything.

Sam grabbed a flashlight, and furrowed her eyebrows when they walked into the movie room. Sam and Kara screamed as the doors closed by itself.

"Oh my God!" Kara screamed, putting her hand over her chest. She felt the necklace that Josh had given her for her last birthday. It was a heart locket, with a picture of them inside.

"Hello, Samantha...Kara." A voice echoed throughout the room. Sam and Kara moved closer to each other.

"Looking for me? I don't think you'll have much luck by looking, girls. You're only going to see what I want you to see." The voice said. Kara noticed the screen lighting up. Kara felt like this night wasn't real.

"And I have...quite a lot to show you." The voice continued.

"What's going on?" Sam asked, shining her flashlight around the room.

"Open your eyes." The voice said, and they looked towards the screen, seeing Sam in the bath.

"Quite beautiful, isn't she? Personally, I prefer brunettes..." The voice said.

"Do you think she has any idea what lies ahead? Do you think these were the last happy moments of this creature's life?" The voice asked.

"Why are you showing this to us?" Sam asked, holding onto Kara's arm.

"Why are you watching?" The voice asked.

The scene on the screen changed to Josh in the shed. Kara saw her boyfriend getting cut in half. She screamed, covering her eyes. "No!" Sam screamed. She held Kara up as Kara's body threatened to fall on the floor.

"I'm going to give you ten seconds." The voice said, and began counting down.

"Kara, we have to get out of here!" Sam cried. Kara couldn't take her eyes off the scene playing over. It felt as if her heart was being ripped out. When the voice got to seven, the door opened, showing a man in a mask and overalls. "Kara, now!" Kara nodded, following Sam out of the room.

Kara grabbed the vase sitting on the table, and threw it at the man, buying them some time. They ran into a room, pausing when they saw a bed. "Jump!" Kara yelled, and they jumped over the bed, running downstairs.

Sam saw the broken bottom stair and missed it, but Kara didn't, and her body rammed into the wall. She pushed the pain aside, following Sam.

"Keep running! If we hide, he'll just find us!" Sam told Kara. They got to a door, and Kara slammed her fist on it when she saw there was no knob.

"Shit, shit, shit! There's no knob!" Kara told Sam. Kara's eyes widened as she saw the psycho getting closer.

"Help me knock this wine shelf over!" Kara instructed, and Sam nodded, helping her tipping it over. The wine bottles broke, spilling the alcohol all over the floor. The knob fell from the shelf, and Sam didn't hesitate to grab the knob, and put it back in its place, and open the door. They both forced the door close before the psycho could get in.

"What room are we in?" Kara asked Sam.

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here. This door won't open!" Sam yelled. They forced the door open by slamming their bodies against it. There was a drop, causing them to fall on the floor. They ran down the halls, and when faced with a choice to hide or run, Kara pointed to a small drop that would hide them. Sam nodded, and they climbed down. Kara and Sam held hands, not moving a muscle.

Kara had to stop herself from hyperventilating, but she knew she would blow their cover if she did. So she squeezed Sam's hand tightly, waiting until it was over.