FOUR HOURS UNTIL DAWN

Sam and Kara were climbing through an air vent

Sam and Kara were climbing through an air vent. It had been a spur of the moment decision, really. When they heard the voices, they knew that they couldn't hide any longer.

"Here, hold the flashlight, I'm gonna kick the vent out." Sam whispered. Kara nodded, taking the flashlight. It took a few kicks before she could get it open, but they sighed in relief when it tumbled to the ground.

"I didn't know that the lodge was this big." Kara said, and Sam nodded.

"It's never-ending." Sam agreed. Sam walked towards a pin board and gasped when she saw what was on the paper.

"Kara, get over here, you have to see this." Sam said, gesturing for her to come over. Sam shined the flashlight on the board, and Kara put her hands over her mouth when she saw it.

"Death machine plans?" She asked out loud. It had a vivid drawing of the same way Josh had been killed. They weren't sure if he had done this, but the evidence was suspicious.

"Why would he do this?" Sam asked.

"I...I thought he was getting better." She said hopelessly. She put her hand on her forehead.

"It's my fault. I never went into depth with making sure he took his meds. I should've looked under his tongue when I gave it to him. I should've been around more. I'm so sorry." Kara wasn't sure who she was apologizing to, but she felt like she needed to do it.

"No, it's not your fault, Kara, and we don't even know if it was him." Sam told her. Sam wondered over to a desk, pulling out files.

"It looks like he was going to a therapist. Dr. Hill." Sam said. Kara turned around, walking towards her. "I think maybe Mrs. Washington mentioned him once. Josh never liked talking about it." She told the blonde.

Kara walked over to a shelf, recognizing the phone case that was there.

"This is Josh's phone. I got him this case for Christmas." She told Sam. She scrolled through the texts, and reading them to Sam.

"Hi Josh, it's Alan. I hope you don't mind me texting you, but this is important. I got your email. I don't think your plan is going to help. I think you need to stop what you're doing and come to see me." Kara read.

"Anything else? Any replies?" Sam asked.

"Dr. Hill pleaded with Josh to answer his phone, but Josh said to leave him alone. He asked him if he was still taking his medicine, but Josh insisted he was fine." She kept scrolling.

"Dr. Hill told him the dangers of stopping his meds mid course. He asked him to come to his office, and kept trying to reach Josh, but he never responded..." Kara said, and Sam shook her head. Kara put the phone down, not wanting to read it any longer. They found a remembrance board for the twins, but it was creepy.

"Let's get out of this room." Sam suggested, and Kara nodded. They didn't see the room where the 'psycho' was in, but they found a tape recorder.

"Press play." Kara instructed.