THREE HOURS UNTIL DAWN

Kara, Mike, and Chris had taken Josh out tot he shed, tying him up

Kara, Mike, and Chris had taken Josh out tot he shed, tying him up. He'd been rambling the whole time, and it was hard to understand what he was trying to say. When Mike had pointed the gun at him, though, Kara had stepped in front of Josh, putting her hand on the gun.

"Mike, can I please have a minute alone?" She asked, and Mike nodded. The two guys shuffled out of the shed.

"Josh..." Kara whispered, cupping his face. Tears ran down her face, causing Josh to frown.

"Why are you crying, Kara?" Josh asked, staying still for a moment. He had been wiggling around the whole time.

"Josh, how could you do this? We were there for you. I know you're hurting, baby, but if you needed one of us, we were always there. Please, help me try to understand." She said, sniffling.

"I didn't want you to get hurt." Josh said, looking at the cut on her leg. "I didn't do that." He told her. She knew that; the man's body structure was no way near the same as Josh's.

"Josh, please."

"No one would have to be there for me if it had never happened!" Josh yelled, and Kara took a deep breath. "I wanted them to feel what Beth and Hannah felt. I wanted them to fear for their lives just like my sisters did. It was their fault that they ran out into the snow. I mean, imagine if what happened to Hannah and Beth happened to Caity!" Josh said, and Kara closed her eyes for a second.

"If that was your reasoning, why did you go after Sam and Chris? Chris was out cold, and Sam tried to stop the prank. You...you went after me, Josh. Me. I thought you loved me." She cried, wiping her tears so they wouldn't freeze on her cheeks.

"W-what? I do love you, I do!" Josh responded, his eyes clouding up with tears.

"I want to always be on your side. You are the love of my life, Josh Washington, but did Chris make a point? Can we trust you?"

"I'm sorry, Kara. I thought everyone would laugh it off. You all were going to be viral! I didn't mean for you to be scared, and I tried to tell you about my plan; I did, but I didn't want you to stop me, so I didn't. You have to believe me, Kara. I did not kill Jessica." Kara sighed.

"I know, Josh. I know." She said, wrapping her arms around him. She knew this was the only way to calm him down. She figured they'd talk more about it in the morning.

"Mike, Chris, you can come back in now." She shouted.

"P-please don't let them yell at me." He pleaded, and she nodded as the two boys walked in.

"Chris, why don't you go back to the lodge. Kara and I will stay with Josh until morning." Mike suggested, and Chris nodded, making sure they didn't need him before walking back to the lodge. Kara and Mike watched as Josh started to daze out of reality.

"Kara, I know you love him, but if he killed Jess..." Mike trailed off.

"I know, Mike. We'll deal with that later. For now, I am going to trust that he did not kill Jess. Jess is his friend. I know he went too far with the whole prank, but I can't bring myself to think that he'd be capable of that." She whispered, and he nodded, sighing.