FIVE HOURS UNTIL DAWN

"Do you think we're going to die?" Kara asked quietly

"Do you think we're going to die?" Kara asked quietly. They hadn't moved in a while, and were pretty sure the psycho was gone, but they weren't taking any chances.

"Don't think like that, Kara. We're gonna make it." Sam assured her. She was still in just a towel, and Kara was sure it was freezing, but Sam didn't say anything.

"Think about it, Sam. Josh is dead. We have no idea where the others are; they could be dead, too. We have no way out. I left the cable car keys because I was scared, and I just don't see how we're going to get out of this situation." Kara said, tearing up.

"Do you want to talk about...Josh?" Sam asked, and Kara shook her head.

"I can't." She whispered, wiping her tears. If they had any chance of escaping a killer, she had to ignore that the person she loved most was dead. If she made it off the mountain, a piece of her would always stay there. She twiddled with her necklace as they sat in silence.

"Do you think this is what happened to Hannah and Beth? Do you think a killer has been here the whole time? Waiting for it's next target?" Kara asked, and Sam put her hands over her eyes.

"Maybe." Sam said. Kara's leg had stopped bleeding, but it was still sore. Her whole body ached from running and slamming into things. Sam had skinned her knee when she fell, but she stayed quiet about it. Sam didn't want to complain about a skinned knee when one of her best friends had died.

"I bet Jess and Mike are living it up right now. With no clue what's going on." Sam said, and Kara nodded. "I don't wanna know what they're doing." She said, causing Sam to chuckle softly. Kara shook her head, looking down.

"With Hannah and Beth, we never actually saw anything. We just knew they weren't coming back." Kara started. "Now, I have seen Josh's organs spilling out. I'd almost prefer not to know." Kara told Sam.

"I mean, at least with the twins, we could imagine that they died peacefully, but with Josh...there is no way to get that out of your head. I keep seeing that video playing over and over in my mind." She cried, and Sam pulled her in for a hug, trying to soothe her.

"Do you remember our last soccer game of our senior year?" Sam asked, and Kara nodded.

"Everyone was cheering us on. Josh was wearing a shirt with your number on it, and Ashley was holding up a sign with both of our names on it. Mike kept shouting; 'those are my friends!' and we laughed so hard that we almost lost a goal. Jess was on the cheer team, and Matt, Chris, and Emily were on the bleachers clapping for us. You remember?"

Kara nodded. "Yeah, we won thirteen to zero. We went out for milkshakes after." She remembered.

"Picture that day. Remember how happy we were. Imagine everyone cheering you on like they did when you scored the winning goal. Imagine everyone rooting for us. If we are the only ones who make it out, we'll push through it by remembering that day. Josh bragging about you to anyone who would listen, Matt and Mike putting us on their shoulders, anything you have to do to make it through the night."

"Thank you, Sam. I don't know what I'd do without you. I know we were always close, but after the twins died, we really bonded. You're my best friend, Giddings." Kara said, and Sam nudged her shoulder lightly.

"You're my best friend, too, Swan."

When they stayed quiet for a few moments, they heard talking. They froze, thinking it was the psycho again, but when they really paid attention, they could make out the voices.

"Oh my God, is that Chris and Ashley?" Kara asked, and Sam nodded.

"I think so..."

"Should we yell out for them?" Kara asked, and Sam shook her head.

"We can't risk it. If the psycho is still here, we could blow our cover and theirs."

"Look, Sam. There's an air vent." Kara pointed out.

"Let's see where it leads."