TWO HOURS UNTIL DAWN

Kara was beginning to get used to the pain

Kara was beginning to get used to the pain. It hurt, but she had bigger issues to deal with. She wanted badly to just give up, but she had to find Josh. Was she still mad at him for the awful prank he pulled? She was. However, she still loved him more than anything.

"Come on, guys! Hurry! We gotta find Mike." Sam exclaimed. Chris and Kara were trailing behind; both injured.

"I, uh, just wanted to thank you for carrying me back there. You could've left me to die, but you helped me. Thank you." She told Chris. He nodded.

"You can thank me when we're out of this mess." Chris sighed, and she nodded. Just hours ago, they were all happy. They weren't fearing for their lives. She could tell Chris wasn't walking well; he had really hurt his ankle when they were running. When Kara caught up with Emily, she could hear Ashley and Chris talking. Chris wanted them to leave him behind, but Ashley refused.

"Em, do you think we'll find Josh?" Kara asked. The two had never really been close, but traumatic events had a way of bringing people together. Though Emily looked unsure, and probably thought Josh was dead, she gave Kara a sympathetic smile.

"We'll find him. Then we can go home and forget this night ever happened." Emily told them. Sam groaned when she reached large doors, but they were locked.

"Shit! Mike must have locked it behind him. Crap! There has to be another way in." Sam said, hitting the door out of frustration.

"This night just keeps getting better." Kara sighed.

"Wait. What about this?" Ashley asked, shining her flashlight to what seemed like a sewer lid.

"I mean, should we try it?" Ashley asked.

"Well it's not like we got a whole lot of options here." Sam pointed out. Sam helped Ashley get the lid off of it, and Ashley shook her head.

"Okay, this is maybe the last place I'd want to be right now." She grimaced. They couldn't see what was below them; for all they knew, another Wendigo was hiding, waiting for its next target.

"We have to find Mike and Josh, Ashley. We can't abandon them." Kara said, looking down the hole.

"So, who's going first?" Sam asked, before starting to climb down the ladder. Kara was next, eager to find the two boys.

"Eh, it's not so bad. Think this is the way to the Sanatorium?" Sam asked.

"Of course it is, where else would it go?" Ashley asked. Kara hopped down, waiting for the others.

"Do you think we should close this? I mean, something could be following us, right?" Ashley asked, as she was the last one to climb down.

"Just be quick, Ash." Kara looked up at her, and Ashley nodded, pulling the heavy lid.

Kara felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Emily.

"Yeah?"

"Kara, I need to tell you about something I saw in the mines. It's horrible, but you were her best friend. You deserve to know." Emily started.