ONE HOUR UNTIL DAWN

"I was not prepared for how ugly that thing would be up close

"I was not prepared for how ugly that thing would be up close." Sam told them. Kara knew that if she survived the night, she would have nightmares for the rest of her life. As she got to thinking about it, she didn't know how she would cope if she survived. She knew that no one would believe them if they told them what was actually in the mines. They would just chalk it up to trauma. She knew her family would believe her, but she wasn't sure how she would move past this.

"Yeah, so, I noticed something kind of weird about it." Mike told them.

"Uh...what?" Sam asked.

"The Wendigo."

"It had a scar." Mike told them.

"What does that matter?" Kara asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I've seen it before." Mike insisted.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asked.

"I saw these old pictures of some guy with that same scar - and he was transforming into a Wendigo." Mike explained.

"You're kidding." Sam shook her head.

"It was one of the miners who had been trapped back in the fifties. In the cave in. Which means that thing is eighty years old. At least."

"He's gotta lot of energy for an old guy." Kara muttered.

"They cleaned the place out. Killed a lot of people." Mike said.

"They? You mean there are more of them?" Sam asked.

"Oh, yeah." Mike nodded.

"How many?" Kara asked, trying to keep up with them.

"Too many." Mike sighed. They were silent for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"I think we're close. To the lair." Sam told them.

"How can you tell?" Mike asked.

"I'm guessing it has something to do with the overwhelming feeling of doom that's passing through here." Kara piped in.

"You've got a point." Mike said. They followed a small path, finding something laying in the ground. Kara bent over, picking it up.

"It's Beth's watch!" She said, holding it up. "Let me see!" Mike exclaimed, looking at the watch that had 'B.W.' on the back of it. Sam looked around.

"Look! There's a cross here." Sam pointed out.

"This is where she was buried..." Mike muttered.

"But...who dug her up?" Sam asked. They didn't know how to answer the question, so they got into the water; the only way through.

"Come on. It's okay." Mike told them. "Really?" Sam asked.

"I'm not dead yet." Mike told them.