04. ex boyfriends & school projects

"That isn't hard to believe

"That isn't hard to believe." She smiled and I shook my head. "But that is kind of cute though." Kiera beamed and I looked over at her and away from my french fries. "It's cute that he actually remembers you considering that you were obsessed with him."

A gasp left my lips and I hit Kiera on the arm playfully. "How many times do I have to tell you that I was not obsessed with him?" I uttered but deep down I knew she was right. "Don't make this into a bigger deal than it is Kiera." I sighed looking over at Hayden across the cafeteria. Today was his first day of school and I didn't miss the looks he was getting from different girls as we walked around the school. Either he was strangely oblivious or just dumb.

Hayden was sitting at a table with Aiden, Ashlynn, and all their friends. It hurt to see Ashlynn sitting there because that used to be me once upon a time until I found out the truth.

The bell suddenly rang so Kiera and I got up, grabbed our bags and left the cafeteria.

"Hey," Kiera said softly and I looked up at her. "I'm sorry that you have to see Aiden and Ashlynn every day." She smiled at me, "If you feel any better you can come over to my house and we can watch movies all night!"

I laughed at how excited Kiera still got over binge watching movies. "Sure Kiera," I smiled sadly. "Thank you for always being there for me." I wrapped my arms around her slim body.

"Of course—" Kiera suddenly stopped talking and gently pulled away from the hug. I looked up to see what she was looking at and when I followed her gaze much to my surprise, I saw Aiden walking towards us. I had to blink a couple of times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. "Speak of the devil," Kiera uttered.

Kiera has always been the overprotective type of friend. She immediately disliked anyone who hurt me and Aiden was on the top of the list. "Come on." Kiera pulled my wrist. "Let's go before he gets too close."

"Khloe," Aiden said firmly and I turned around slowly. "I need to talk to you." I looked over at Kiera and by the look on her face, I could tell that she didn't want me to listen to whatever he had to say. "Alone please." He mumbled, eyeing Kiera.

"Kiera," I whispered gently pulling my wrist away from her grip. "I'll meet you after class."

Kiera was disappointed but she gave me a small smile and nodded her head anyway. "Okay, text me if you need anything." She hesitated but I gave her a reassuring smile and she walked away slowly.

I turned around to look at Aiden and he looked completely different if I was going, to be honest. His dark hair was messy, sticking up in every direction, and his dark coffee like eyes looked red and puffy. "What happened to you Aiden?" I questioned because despite everything that he's done to me I was actually concerned about his health. "Did something happen?"

Aiden chuckled roughly and ran a hand through his matted hair. "I'm fine Khlo, just under a lot of pressure." He mumbled and I nodded my head slowly.