35. engagement rings & realization

I woke up to the birds chirping outside of my window and I was also wrapped tightly in Hayden's arms

I woke up to the birds chirping outside of my window and I was also wrapped tightly in Hayden's arms. I felt safe, happy, and relaxed, but as soon as I remembered the events that had previously happened yesterday night, I instantly felt panicked and I could feel my heart skipping beats.

I was at dinner with Hayden and his parents having an amazing time when mom calls me in a panic to tell me that Luna could've almost died if she wasn't rushed to the hospital.

Hayden and I went to the hospital, but Luna's surgery took a long time and she wouldn't be conscious for a while. Mom suggested that I go home with my dad, and with some convincing, dad also allowed Hayden to stay the night, while Andrew was at home with Alicia. Obviously, Alicia was not allowed anywhere near Luna, so Andrew was at home taking care of her.

But when I got up and glanced over at Hayden my heartbeat began to slow down, because he looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. His brown curly hair was a mess, sticking up in every direction, but he still managed to look so cute at the same time. It almost made me laugh.

"Khlo, didn't I tell you that staring is rude?" Hayden mumbled, as he sat up in my bed and stretched his shoulders. "Have some manners, babe."

A stupid smile emerged onto my lips as I wrapped my arms around Hayden's shoulders. "Shut up, you love it."

"I guess you're right." I felt Hayden squeeze my body tighter. "You usually have your way with me."

I pushed Hayden off of me and jumped off of my bed. "You're so funny." I laughed as I walked towards the bathroom.

Eventually, Hayden and I got ready for the day, and then we went downstairs to eat breakfast with my dad and Jules.

Jules had moved in with dad a while ago, and I couldn't have been happier for them.

"I see you kids have finally decided to join us." Dad laughed as he glanced over at Hayden and me. "Good morning,"

"Good morning," Hayden and I almost said in unison as we took a seat at the table.

"Don't be so hard on them, Will." Jules laughed as she took a sip from her coffee mug. "I must say, Khloe,  you picked a good one. Hayden is a very handsome young man. I remember the last time that you both came over here, you were pretending to be friends. Your father and I didn't buy it." She laughed, as she shook her head.

My jaw slightly dropped and when I glanced over at Hayden he was laughing. "Thank you, Jules. I do get that very often." Hayden raised his chin and I kicked his leg under the table. "Ouch," He quietly mumbled.

"Thank you, Jules." I smiled, "I am very lucky to have Hayden, but don't you think that he's luckier to have me? I mean, my looks are a killer."

Jules laughed loudly. "My bad, you're right. You are a very stunning girl, Khloe."