22. stomach butterflies & temptations

"What just happened?" Hayden questioned as he ran over towards me

"What just happened?" Hayden questioned as he ran over towards me. "What the hell is Xander doing here? I haven't seen him or Yasmin for days."

I literally had no time to process the information that Xander just previously told me, because Hayden was standing right in front of my face.

Xander just confessed something to me that was very personal, and I didn't know if it was right to tell Hayden. Of course, I always trusted Hayden, but it wasn't my secret to tell.

I rubbed my eyes and forced a smile onto my lips. "Xander just apologized to me."

Hayden scrunched up his face in disgust. "Really?" He then shook his head. "I don't believe that he's sorry—"

"Please, Hayden." I practically begged. "Xander is going through a really hard time right now. We all know what he did was horrible, but I have to show compassion for those who obviously need it."

Hayden looked taken aback. "You're too nice for your own good, mentor girl."

"I know I am." I laughed. "I have no idea what's going on with Yasmin or Xander, but we'll find out soon enough."

Hayden nodded his head. "Okay, but if I see him anywhere near you again there's going to be a problem."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't get all tough on me now, Hayden."

Hayden shrugged his shoulders. "I have to protect you, Khloe." He smiled softly. "How are you and your family? Alicia especially."

It was nice to know that so many people cared about me. There had been a number of people asking how I was, and I wasn't really used to so many people caring about me all at once. "I'm feeling better." I smiled sweetly. "That's why I decided to come back to school today. I'm feeling positive and I'm ready to move on."

"It makes me happy to hear that." Hayden was grinning at this point, and I thought it was very sweet that he cared. "I did miss you a lot, mentor girl."

I covered my face and looked away because I could feel it heating up. "I've missed you too, Hayden!" A small smile crawled onto my lips. "Right now everything is.... calm. Luna and Cadence are both in holding." I shook my head. "I know there is going to be a trial, but I'm not too sure about anything else. My parents aren't really telling me anything."

"Maybe it's for the best." Hayden smiled. "They just want you and Alicia to be happy."

Hayden was completely right. I wanted to be happy, and surprisingly I was happy. But my mind kept going back to Xander. He seemed like he was in so much distress, and it breaks my heart to know that I couldn't help him.

I had to go to Yasmin's house no matter what. I needed to talk to her so that I could figure out what the hell was going on.

I smiled gently at Hayden. "We have to go! First period is literally almost over, and you already know how mad Mr. Brooke will get."