20. criminals & resentment

My eyes widened as I looked over at Hayden

He kept talking about the truth, but that didn't mean anything to me until I actually knew what the hell he was talking about.

"I don't like to talk about the past because I was nothing but stupid and easily influenced." Hayden mumbled as his head turned away from mine.

"That's okay." I said softly. "I was the exact same way. I mean, that's what happens with children. Children don't know any better. I absolutely don't blame you for anything, Hayden."

Hayden squinted his eyes. "Don't say things you don't mean, Khloe."

My blood was boiling and I was becoming annoyed very quickly. "I never have any idea what the hell you're talking about!" I jumped up onto my feet. "Stop speaking in code!"

Hayden was about to speak until the door to my room opened quickly. Both Hayden and I turned around to see Jules standing in my room. Her eyes were wide and her face was red.

"What happened Jules?" I questioned, taking a step closer towards her. "Are you okay?"

She shook her head quickly. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but they found Alicia. Your father is on the phone with your mother right now."

My jaw practically dropped onto the floor, and so did my heart. I was feeling every single emotion at once. Happiness, sadness, anger, and resentment.

I had no idea what I should do, so I looked over at Hayden. He looked just as shocked as I did.

"Wait, are you serious?" I turned back to Jules. "Is she okay? Did anyone hurt her?"

Jules shook her head, and her eyes widened even more if that was even possible. "I don't know sweetheart, but we all need to leave right now. Hayden you're coming with us, your parents are going over to the police station right now." Jules walked out of the room and I was left alone with Hayden.

Hayden was the first one to speak. "Khloe," He smiled. "They found her. We have to leave right now."

"I know." I nodded my head eagerly. "I know that you might not think so... but I care about what you have to say. We can't keep dragging it on."

Hayden didn't say anything at all in response. He just grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and into the kitchen. My dad was pacing back and forth, while he held his phone against his ear.

"Dad!" I ran over towards him. "Is Alicia okay?" I questioned. "What are they going to do with Luna?"

Dad nodded his head. "Alicia is fine. There are no signs of harm so far. As for Luna and Cadence.... they're going to jail, sweetie."

Tears began to fall onto my cheeks. I knew Luna had seriously did the unthinkable, but she was still my older sister. The sister I looked up too when I was younger. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up.